Game stops responding for around 30 seconds every 10 minutes

Ever since I patched to 0.8.2e my game stops responding every 10 minutes without fail. It has never done this before, I can’t remember the last stable version but it has been a few months since I last played and never done this before). I can still hear the background sounds/music but the game freezes, and clicking anywhere greys it out and brings up the “Last Epoch is not responding” window. If I wait for around 30 seconds, it carries on fine until 10 minutes later then happens again.

I have changed from a standalone install to Steam install on a new SSD, updated Windows 10 to latest version, clean reinstalled my Nvidia drivers to latest version, verified the Steam install, tried a different login on the PC, run with lowest possible graphics/FPS settings, none of it has resolved. It even happens just sitting at the character select screen.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Assuming you are running & mean 0.8.2F? Thats the latest version of the game .

Please can you post you dxdiag file.

Are you running any other applications at the same time? If yes… disable everything and ANYTHING running no matter how irrelevant they may seem.

Can you monitor your system activity while playing to see if something is happening… I.e. processes, CPU and GPU usage…

I am on 0.8.2F now yes,.

I have run the game fresh after a reboot with nothing else loaded, disabled all unnecessary background services/applications, disabled all scheduled tasks. Resource monitor shows no unusual activity, when the game stops responding CPU/GPU activity drop to near zero.

DxDiag.zip (20.2 KB)

Grief… why is it that laptops always have the most bizzare/complicated issues! :confounded:

Comments :

• What is your disk activity when this happens… I found similar things online with people having problems with their SSD & Harddrivess due to bad SATA controller drivers, Windows 10 Storage manager etc. Every 10 minutes their system would freeze for 15-30 seconds and the disk utilisation would max out, CPU & GPU would be idle. Others found they they were using a bad Intel HD Graphics driver and it was doing the same thing to their system every 10-20minutes it would freeze for no reason… Mainly happening on Laptops. In most cases it seems updating core drivers from the manufacturers of each component seems to resolve the issue.

• 1070 @ 1440p - probably need to be playing on mostly low settings to maintain a decent framerate and minimise fps spikes. I run 1060 on very low at 1080p - anything higher and I start to get problems ranging from GPU maxing out almost permanently to instability.

• What framerate limiting are you using… Your monitor supports 144fps but there is no way your graphics card will be able to maintain anything near that AND still be stable with LE in its current beta state… Depending on the graphic quality settings, I would recommend something closer to 60. and dont use vsync…

• What performance profile are you using on the laptop - make 100% sure that its set to max performance when playing LE and not some special automatic feature that the laptop is using to scale performance on the fly - in my experience these ALWAYS cause some sort of issue.

• End of the dxdiag file contains diagnostic info and errors that you system is having

• AppxDeploymentFailureBlue - seems to refer to something that is happening with Windows Store or some app that is trying to run but failing due to a problem with a service.

• StoreAgentInstallFailure1 - this is Windows Update problem - it could indicate that windows is trying to update something and failing… Its important to find out what is failing on Windows Update and correct it - else there is no way to know if everything is actually updated properly.

• LiveKernelEvent 141 - this is not good as it could refer to something simple like a faulty driver or it could be something more serious like a hardware problem. Anything from overheating, overclocking or hardware errors caused by conflicting drivers etc… This one needs to be researched and resolved as its an indication that something is not OK on your system.

So… my first things to suggest would be:

1. Check your Windows system and error logs
  2. Double check all your hardware devices and drivers - down to the harddrive controller level and the integrated graphics drivers and anything else that your Zoostorm has in it…
  3. Run System File Checker
  4. Run some hardware related testing - check the memory, check the harddrives etc.
  5. If you have enabled any overclocks etc, disable them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.