Game startup takes too long

I know this issue has been reported before, but I 've been playing the game for quite a long time now and I 've seen no fix so far.

Game startup takes too long. Like 10-15 minutes. All this time I 've been waiting for some news regarding fixes of perfomance issues, but nothing so far and I 'm starting to get tired of this.

I play on an old laptop and I don’t expect performance to be terrific but I really want this issue to be fixed.

For the record, my processor is Intel Core I7, my ram is 8GB and my graphics card is Intel HD Graphics 620.

This issue has been occuring ever since I started playing this game and I wouldn’t have made this post if I didn’t know that other people experience the same issue.

Please EHG, fix this!

Hey there…

The game has minimum system requirements - and your GPU is WAY under spec for the game… and thats not even considering any other issues your system may have like mechanical vs SDD harddrive or how much system ram is dedicated/shared to the GPU leaving very little for the game even at its absolute lowest possible settings.

Expecting it to work while using hardware below the minimum is a little unfair to the devs… and honestly, I doubt that anyone is going to take your request seriously with such old / slow / underspec hardware…

Edit for reference:

is your laptop using a hdd?
the onboard chips use system memory (ram) so your ram is effectively far lower than 8gb.
likely thats the problem. so you are streching the minimum specs far.
loading that amount of data from disk to ram and then writing it back to disk as your ram cant handle will take a long time so 10 minutes sounds about right with that low of a spec

I don’t understand. I have an I7 and in requirements it says that an I5 is needed. Isn’t I7 better than I5? Forgive me if I’m asking dump questions, the truth is I’m a bit clueless regarding system properties.

You havent really provided the detail… there are lots of i3,i5,i7 CPUs but they are different versions with different performance over time… There are different generations of processors 12th, 11th, 10th etc… with the older ones going back to 7th gen… yet they are all still i3,i5,i7,i9 etc… see here and to make things even more confusing, there are mobile and desktop versions too… ie… a mobile i7 is lower power and lower performance than its desktop “brother”.

And your CPU is only part of the system so even if its ok for the game… your GPU - that handles all the graphics is not designed for gaming so its incredibly slow when asked to do gaming intensive tasks like 3d games - like LE… Looking online for specs and performance, I would say that the 620 GPU you are using is roughtly 500% SLOWER than the minium needed for the game…

Another aspect is memory… 8GB ram is ok, but if some of its being shared with the GPU (i.e. the GPU doesnt have its own memory) then that “steals” from the minimum needed from the game… say the GPU needs 2GB… that means you system only has 6Gb for windows & the game - below min…

Harddrive is also an important factor… and SSD can load data MUCH faster than a traditional mechanical harrdrive… Even a very fast modern mechanical harddrive can perform read speeds at less than 200MB/s while the cheapest SDD can do 500 and NVME SSDs can get to 7000MB/s - this makes a HUGE difference to loading times.

Lots of things to consider there… the key is that if you are using a laptop not designed for gaming with a discreet graphics card and various other optimisations, then you will struggle to play games at any decent level…

From this comment, I can tell the main problem is probably my graphics card. I’ll see if I can do anything to fix that. Thanks for the detailed response.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.