Game randomly crashing with no error message

Roughly every ~10 minutes my game will randomly ding and close itself. I cannot figure out why this is happening. I just installed the game today and my graphics drivers are all up-to-date.Crash_2022-03-19_215936393.zip (365.8 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (473 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (115.6 KB)

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Seems like the log file is reporting that some scripts are missing - it could be that your installation did not complete correctly and/or a file or two is missing or corrupted…

Does this happen on only one of your characters or any character? If its all of them, then read on… if its only happening on one character then it could be something is wrong with that particular savegame - unfortunately if a savegame is corrupted there is nothing that can be done other than removing it.

If its happening on any character, then - If you were using Steam, I would recommend doing a Game File Verification but as you are using the standalone player, I would recommend a reinstallation of the game to be sure.

Hard to say if a reinstallation will definitely fix it as the usual indicators of typical crashing are not present in the info you have provided…

Hello!

I only have one character at the moment since I started today. I will do a full reinstall and see if that helps. If for some reason that does not fix, I will create another character to see if I can replicate the issue.

Thank you!

Try another character before the reinstall… it will be quicker… if its also causing problems, then reinstall… if its not, then you know something odd has happened with the first char…

error.zip (6.0 KB)
This is latest error after reinstalling.

I am not a Unity Dev (and dont work for EHG) so I am guessing here at what I see in the error logs. The particular errors that are being reported/repeated in the logs could unfortunately be caused by a wide variety of things so its hard to say for sure…

So its pot luck for trying to find out without some inside info… Some things to try:

1. Make sure your Windows 11 is up to date and there a no patches awaiting approval or patches that have failed for some reason

2. Make sure that all IBUYPOWER specific drivers are updated - including any possible BIOS updates etc. This includes checking for drivers of any other devices/hardware - like your Razer/keyboard/YEti etc. THis is especially important for any older hardware that might not have Win11 drivers.

3. Disable things like Steam Overlays and any other things like this and any other applications running - there are known issues with some apps so its best to temporarily disable them in an attempt to check if they are affecting the Unity game engine in any way. Doesnt matter how insignificant you think they are - just to test, disable or do not start anything other than LE… Same goes for apps that run as services - just dont use anything while testing.

4. Try running the game on its “best” stable config… 1080p, 60fps framerate limited in-game, all settings on Very Low with special features like shadows, aa etc disabled or on the lowest possible option.

5. Looking through the error.log there are a few areas where the debug message occurs that could point to something specific - guess work here as the problem could already have happened before this but its worth checking:

• There is an error near FMODstudio - which is the sound part of the game… Maybe see if disabling sound or temporarily changing default sound device has any affect on this. (Obviously checking sound drivers as above)

• There are errors near the RGB keyboard integration… maybe try disabling that in settings…

6. Monitor your system while playing - see if there is anything that happens just before a crash - does your CPU/GPU spike, does something use up a lot of memory etc…

7. Make sure your GPU driver is set to defaults and that there are not special performance settings etc enabled… Especially things that Geforce Experience (horrible part of the driver) tries to set for you automatically.

8. Make sure your PC is in performance mode when playing and not trying to do anything dynamically.

9. Long shot, maybe try running the Last Epoch exe in compatibility mode for Win10 to see if this makes any difference…

Hello!

Thank you for the informative reply, I appreciate it. I have some work to finish up, but after that is finished I will follow your instructions and see if I can fix the issue. I will reply when I have conducted thorough testing and have results.

Thank you!

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.