Game not responding

Hi team,

Recently my game has been encountering errors when loading into new zones. The game freezes and then exits. I have 4 characters and it started happening on the 5th character. I was able to level is to almost the end of the campaign, but now i cant progress it any further as anytime i enter one of the Liath zones, the game completely freezes. now on my 6th character, the same thing happened when entering the above ground area in the first act.

I am unsure if the game file is corrupted or just those saves. For my other characters i can log in and play, and do monoliths on problem. The game has always had issues with hanging like this but i have always been able to log back and keep progressing, but recently i am unable to progress past zones due to the issue.

What can i provide you to assist with this issue?
Neil

Hey, Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles… Its hard to give you more than a general answer here as you havent provided your system details or game settings/logs.

So try the following suggestions (and be sure to post the files) in a reply.

1. Make 100% sure your operating system & graphics drivers are up-to-date.
  2. If you are using Steam, verify the game files - file corruption is a common cause of crashes when loading maps.
  3. Disable any overlay (Steam/Nvidia etc) and do not run any other applications while playing.
  4. Temporarily set your in-game settings to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (NOT vsync), in-game settings all to very low or disabled. Test for stability - if its stable, then increase the resolution (nothing else) and test again… if its still table then increase the framerate limit to whatever your monitor can support or your graphics card can handle - DO NOT make it unlimited. Test again… If its still stable, then increase the in-game graphics quality settings one by one with testing… Do not go above Medium unless you are running a newer CPU and a fast graphics card (2080 or newer class).

Hi Vapourfire,

Thank you for your response. I tried everything suggested, and i was able to progress to the end of the campaign and start echo’s on the character that was stuck in Liath. Now the game has done the same thing the last 2 times i have entered the same quest echo.

I updated my windows, and my graphics drivers, and tried running the game on lower settings, for the same result. It says the game has stopped responding. What can i provide to you so we can work this problem out?

Cheers
Neil

Glad you could progress…

Sorry the problem has re-appeared tho…

Without any other info, can you confirm that you re-verified the steam files & are still trying on the lowest settings as per part 4 above…

If you are and its still crashing then please can you post your dxdiag, in game le manage settings and the player log files… These might have some clue as to what is happening.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.