Game not Finding Loot Filter Files

Hi,

I recently updated to the latest patch through Steam, then when I was playing I had some FPS drops so I exited and validated file integrity through Steam.

Now when I log in, there’s no active loot filter. When I go to the loot filter interface, there are none available to choose from but if I click buttons to open the filter file location, my filters are there: https://i.imgur.com/wvP0H45.png
It seems as though the game isn’t seeing the files in the folder and pulling them in.

Not sure if this is related, but after I close file explorer many buttons in the loot filter UI don’t work and I’m not able to get out of it (even with Esc key) so I have to Alt+F4 to leave the game and restart.

The only thing outside of updating the game and validating files I’ve done recently is apply some Windows updates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Hey…

Sounds like something is corrupted…

Try the following

Close LE & Steam.
Backup the Last Epoch folder (C:\Users[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch)
Remove the le_graphicsmanager.ini file in the Last Epoch folder.
Remove the xml files from the Filter folder (after backing them up obviously)
Restart Steam
Validate LE one last time.
Start LE…
That should resets the graphic settings and have no lootfilter…
Open a char and try and create another filter and see what happens…

If its all working, then my gut is that there is something wrong with the lootfilter xml file(s) that you had… If thats the case then you should be able to either re-create it in-game or close the game and (if you are confident to do so) edit the XML file by copying and pasting the valid parts of the old filter than you still want to use… be warned tho… manually editing the xml file incorrectly can have unknown consequences to the game…

If its not working then I am not sure…

Hey, I had this exact issue. I was able to fix by deleting the entire folder that holds loot filters. Not just all the filters but the folder itself. And then restarting my game.

I did not test whether or not if you back up your filters first and re add them after if they will still work. I would assume so, but just be aware they may be corrupted or something.

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

Thanks for adding your experience / fix to the suggestions…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.