Game freezes on loading echo

I have had this issue happen multiple times since the patch. In the end of time, After i have run at least 2 echos, the next echo will say “loading echo” but never does. i end up having to force close the game and reopen.

4 Likes

Today has been first time that this has happened to me. (played 30 hrs in total since start 2 weeks ago).

Echoes start loading and then never leaves the loading screen. Its the same no mater what timeline I try do go into.

Can use map portals as usual.

I thought maybe it was an issue with my character as i didnt finish the main story. I swapped to my lvl 98 thats in empowered echos. I got 3 echos done before it locked up again. i cant even to the boss mono’s as it freezes, and i have to force close. I even lose the stability, so i dont get the echo, i lose time with the restart and lose my stability for my progress.

I’m gonna give it a few hours, but this is the first time something has made this unplayable, and with over 200 hours in the last month, it pains me to have to avoid it.

Have y’all tried verifying Steam files yet? It might help

This happens to me when I try to load a story echo if I haven’t yet run a non-story echo in that session. I am able to hit Esc and Leave, then run a non-story echo, then after that the story echo loads successfully.

The last time I could hear sounds while the load screen was stuck. I tried hitting keys and I can hear my character casting skills appropriate to those keys. Not sure if character is still in the platform or in the echo, but regardless the echo never loads unless I leave and then run a non-story echo first.

Because it only happens with story echoes, and they do load if I have run a non-story echo first, it seems much more like a bug than like corruption that verifying Steam files would fix.

1 Like

I received a response from support and they said to repair game, works so far

steam->Right click=>properties->local files->verify

Did a Steam - Verify Files yesterday, found 2 files corrupted that would be reacquired. Tested today and problem persists - if I try to enter a story mono echo without first running a non-story echo in that session, story echo won’t load but I can leave/exit game okay. Checked Verify Files again today and everything passes. So, as I already suspected, this is a bug.

1 Like

loaded up the game today and had two issues that i didnt have before, unsure if they are related. i started levelling a new character yesterday and everything was fine, i stopped for the night after watching heorot die. when i got back on today, all enemies were invisible. just the enemies, any attacks or effects were still there. i couldnt even hover my mouse over them to see a health bar. this only applied to enemies in zones i hadnt been to yet, so if i went back to a zone i already did, i could see them just fine.

i got to the end of time and decided to just level that way, however i get the infinite load screen mentioned in this post as well, so i tried the steam file validation thing, and it appears to have fixed both issues

I had this problem just now, trying to load Wengari Battleground quest echo in the level 70 timeline. Tried 3 times to load and restart game, it would not remove the load screen, but I could use abilities after a normal amount of load time.

Fixed by doing some other non-quest echo in the same timeline then trying again.

I can confirm the same thing happens to me, If I start a quest echo right after loading the game, the loading screen never goes away but I have control of my character (I hear footsteps when I click somewhere). It is annoying since you lose some stability by quiting the echo.

I’m having this issue as well. I don’t see any pattern to it, just every once in a while an echo just sits on the loading screen until I force quit.

posting my player.log, as per Justin’s request. i’m having the same issue.
Player.zip (992.4 KB)

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this issue. I don’t have to run two echoes for it to happen. It can happen on the first echo. I’ve noticed it before in the past, but today in particular I crash very frequently when attempting to load an echo. Validated game files and steam found no errors. I also have a Nvidia card (970m ?).

Edit:
I installed Nvidia driver 536.23 released two days ago and I haven’t noticed this bug in a couple hours. Hoping it resolved it but I’ll post again if it happens again.

Out of the blue, this is now happening to me, and getting more and more frequent. However, seems random I do not see any pattern. This is the first day I’ve experienced it (several days after patch) but I’ve seen many people talking about it in chat. Now, I’m suddenly getting it.

There’s no way out except killing the game from Task Manager.

Hello, Same issue here, even after verifying game files.

same… annoying.

Didn’t have any issues on my older alts the past two days. made a new one today, played one echo, froze on the second one.

Player.zip (28.3 KB)

*edit no issues with file integrity after the freeze

I’m having this issue every 4 or 5 runs. It progressively takes longer to load each echo and then eventually it just gets stuck. I noticed when I reload the game that only 3 gigs of ram were being used, and it eventually made it up to around 6 gigs when it eventually froze. Not sure if there is a correlation but thats what I got.

I am also having this issue so much that it has made the game unplayable for now. Will be waiting for a new patch.

I am also having this issue. Entering the first echo is never a problem, however, sometimes entering subsequent echos results in being stuck on “LOADING ECHO”. Restarting the game allows me to run more echos, but the issue can happen on the second echo after that. I have the same results for after verifying game files. Though the verification does not yield any corrupted files.

Player.log (3.5 MB)

EDIT: It is also worth noting I have reinstalled the game with the same results.