Game drop and screen change

Couple of things team

1. you will be playing the game and when you zone into a new area the game will throw you out to desktop. i have had it happen in borders and full screen mode.

2. item drops can drop before enemies are defeated .

3. i have also noticed my FPS can drop from 90 to 30 and i am only standing there.

Not complaining , Just giving you a heads up

Love the game cheers

Hi…

Any chance you can post your player.log - it has the debug from the game that the developers can look at and see if anything can be traced/fixed… Its important to post it straight after something odd like your 1-3 points above so that the game doesnt overwrite the player.log info.

Regarding the fps drops… This is probably related to the known performance issues that LE has… Large spikes like you are referrring to can be mitigated (not solved - beta) by being more conservative towards a lower stable FPS than eye-candy or max FPS… For example, on my 1060 I can get 100+fps if I lower settings but then i get FPS spikes easily in the range of 60frames dropping - just like you describe… If I limit the game framerate to 60fps instead, then if I do get fps spikes, they are around 10fps, which is imho, hardly noticeable during normal play with normal fps fluctuations…

Assuming no very specific bug and that the game files are ok and verified, crashes when loading into a new area (i.e. portals or loading new maps) is a known symptom of the same game performance instability… however, its harder to resolve than just loweing FPS limits… This obviously does help, but the best way to deal with it is to monitor your GPU usage while doing nothing in town and then playing with settings (quality vs resolution vs fps limit) to keep the “doing nothing” usage at around 60-70%… That seems to allow the GPU enough headroom during play to max out but also prevents the game from idling at MAX gpu usage for no apparent reason… The key here is to try and find a stable setting that suits your setup & what you are willing to accept re eyecandy etc… Also… there seems to currently be something enabled with the Ultra quality setting that adds a lot of instability… imho High/Very High still looks great and seems more stable for those using it…

Obviously the performance issues will be dealt with when the devs get to dealing with the game optimisation - but thats an ongoing thing and it seems illogical for them to concentrate their efforts on it when they still have to finish the actual game content/skill balancing etc…

EDIT: Everything above is assuming stable hardware and up to date OS and GPU drivers without any underlying issue/conflicting application…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.