Game Crashing randomly very often (win 11 / gtx 1660S)

Hello, Im loving the game so far, started it a few days ago. I played first with my very old gpu RX370, with everything in low, and the game rarely crashed. Now I got a newer gpu (Asus TUF-GTX1660S Series) and I get crashes very often, sometimes after 15 minutes of gameplay, sometimes after 30-60 minutes. I have the latest Nvidia drivers, Windows 11. I tried to play with everything else closed, but crashes keep coming.
Any tips for a better stability ? Its heartbreaking to play like this…
Maybe try to change Nvidia driver from Driver Game Ready to Driver studio ?Processing: Suporte Crash.7z…
Suporte Crash.zip (129.4 KB)

also I checked steam files, all files are ok.

Welcome to the forum.

There are a few possible reasons for your issues:

1. Did you do a proper GPU installation when you changed your physical GPU card? I.e. did you manually uninstall the AMD drivers and software BEFORE you installed the new Nvidia card. Have you done a CLEAN driver installation (or used something like DDU?) to make sure that the GPU swap has been done correctly? Just physically swapping hardware and installing a new driver is usually not good enough - you MUST remove the old card drivers & software. Did you also run windows Update after installing the new hardware to make sure that any optional items for your new hardware are installed?

2. Your settings:

• You are trying to run the game on High settings - the 1660S may be much better than your previous GPU but its still not good enough to run unoptimised LE at High settings even at 1080p. You may be able to get some stability (and a decent framerate) on Medium but you may even have to chose Low settings. Any additional special features like shadows/aa/grass etc will also impact on performance/stability.

• You do not have a framerate limit enabled AND you are not using Vsync. This WILL cause the game to crash - especially when trying to use High settings. This is very important. You MUST have a framerate limit enable in LE to prevent it from maxing out your GPU & getting unstable. From the dxdiag it looks like you have a 60Hz monitor so you need to set your framerate limit to MAX 60fps. Vsync does the same thing, but framerate limiting is more stable - whatever you do, you MUST have one or the other enabled - you CANNOT play LE without some framerate limit in place without the game regularly crashing,

1. Your dxdiag diagnostics:
  • You still have Radeon Software installed and its crashing on your system. Obviously you no longer have an AMD GPU and this software must be uninstalled - if its not, then you are going to have issues.

• Your system is getting LiveKernelEvent 141 errors. This is a serious Windows error that can be anything from bad drivers, corrputed OS files, physical hardware failing to power or temperature problems. You need to test your system properly and find out why you are having these errors. Based on your recent change of hardware, its likely that this is driver related, but it could also be things like your power supply isnt good enough for the new GPU or the GPU isnt physically installed correctly or is overheating etc. You MUST NOT ignore this error as it could be something serious. Fixing Livekernel errors is way beyond the purpose of this forum but Google can provide you with some steps to try.

• There is some app called Jackett that is having issues - normally, other apps having problems would be unrelated but I am not sure if this open source app for bittorrent etc is entirely ok. It definitely should NOT be running while testing LE - no apps like this should be.

1. Some other things:
  • I see that the crashes you have had are also referring to your Avast Antivirus software. Please make sure that this software is functioning correctly and updated

• Please disable Steam Overlay for LE - LE doesnt use it and it has been known to cause issues in the past.

1 Like

Vapourfire, you are a life saver. Thanks for all the feedback and also the extra tips. Im trying to correct everything. I did not have many time to play this weekeend, but I played a little with resolution at medium and fps limited to 60fps and no problems so far.

1 Like

Hey, I thought all was going well, but unfortunately Im having a nightmare at The Sapphire Quarter, crashes every 10-30 minutes :confused:
I tried to follow everything, playing at low settings, uninstalled older gpu drivers, uninstalled current nvidia driver and started a clean installation. Im playing with avast disabled, disabled steam overlay, uninstalled jacket, cant figure out what else can I do. Anyone any additional help ?31-10-2022 crashes.zip (141.6 KB)
Here is my latest crash files.

Hey there.

All the logs have the same error message and then its followed by the same issues and the game eventually crashes.

at AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.RefreshTerrainArea > at AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationSystem.UnityTerrain.OnEnable
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationStudio.VegetationStudioManager.AddVegetationMaskToVegetationSystem (AwesomeTechnologies.VegetationSystem.VegetationSystemPro vegetationSystem, AwesomeTechnologies.BaseMaskArea maskArea) [0x00000] in

followed by

Failed to create agent because it is not close enough to the NavMesh

and

Attempted to free an already freed FadeInstance (tracked: False, active: False)

and eventually, after repeated errors of the same, the game gives up and crashes.

Usually these kinds of errors are related to graphics - the AwesomeTechnologys Unity plugin handles vegetation, rocks and related special graphic elements on maps. Disabling the grass feature usually negates any issues with this but your settings file already says that its disabled so thats very odd.

The other errors are usually secondary - i.e. they happen as a consequence of the game struggling with something else.

From the looks of things its all happening on D35 map, but this could just be a coincidence rather than a cause - it may just be a map with a lot of vegetation and the same issue may happen on other maps that you just havent visited yet.

I see from the new Dxdiag that you are still having Livekernel 141 errors and that you are having issues with other things now too. I see 3dmark has crashed (did you have some sort of unexpected power issue?) and powershell is having problems with data execution protection. None of these are related to LE but imho, if they are also having issues, then LE is the least of your worries.

Honestly, your machine seems to be having such a wide variety of issues that I am concerned that it would not be best served with a clean Windows install - especially when factoring in a change of hardware.

In addition to fixing whatever is causing those errors reported in Windows (not LE) - Things to try:

1. Using System File Checker in Windows - Microsoft Support - make sure your OS install is actually ok.

2. Check View Reliability History on your system and see what other issues Windows may be reporting. A lot of the dxdiag diagnostic errors dont have anything to do with LE and could be pointing to the fact that your system is generally unstable and LE is just stressing it enough to highlight whatever problems it is having.

3. Verify the LE install - by using the Steam Game File Verification process

4. Set your in-game settings to the lowest possible configuration - everything on Very Low with all special features disabled or on the lowest possible setting. E.g. disable AA etc. If the game is still crashing on these settings then I can almost guarantee that its not the game causing the problems.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.