Game crashing immediately on main menu screen

I’ve been playing Last Epoch for a few days now. I’ve truly been enjoying it, but it crashed to desktop pretty frequently during gameplay. Pretty soon, those crashes would get worse, crashing my graphics drivers and then eventually just shutting down my PC. It’s gotten to a point now where I can’t even get into the game, because as soon as I hit the splash screen and attempt to move the cursor, my screens go black, and my PC shuts down.

I’ve reinstalled Last Epoch on two different drives, verified the game files on Steam, and done a clean install of my graphics drivers using Display Driver Uninstaller (DDU). None of these things worked.

Interestingly, I’ve managed to get to a point where I could move my cursor one time, but something wasn’t working properly because my saved characters weren’t shown, and the game wasn’t displaying any graphics options properly. All the sliders were turned down, and the drop-down menus only showed “Option A”, “Option B”, and “Option C”.

None of my other games are causing me any issues, so it’s not like my graphics card is simply dead or anything. It does not appear to be a CPU or memory issue either, as I’ve stress-tested those since and had no errors or instability.

Here are some relevant files (please let me know if I’ve missed any):

Any help would be appreciated! I’m itching to play more of this awesome game.

Sorry to bump my own post, but I’ve managed to get back into the game somehow. I started over with a new character but have started to get those crashes again. Here’s the info for my most recent crash:

After experiencing one of these shutdowns in a different game, I no longer believe this issue has anything to do with Last Epoch. I suspect it’s power supply failure. Either way, this thread is now pointless.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.