Game crashes with UnityPlayer.dll error

I’ve suddenly started having these crashes on a very frequent basis. Tabbing in and out of the game or leaving it in the background appears to make it more likely to occur but when foregrounded it is preceded by a couple of seconds of stuttering/rendering lag.

It only started, for me, after upgrading my NVidia drivers to the latest version (551.61). Considering I’ve been playing for 5 years without any crashes on multiple PC’s this seems very pertinent.

The crashes are reported thus in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a11020
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000d7bd8f
Faulting process id: 0x0x92DC
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA6B2438F3FD0D
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll

But in Reliability History the report is:

Description
Faulting Application Path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Last Epoch.exe
Application Version: 2019.4.40.50731
Application Timestamp: 62a10ee1
Fault Module Name: nvwgf2umx.dll
Fault Module Version: 31.0.15.5161
Fault Module Timestamp: 65cdf06b
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00000000002cacbe

I have had it happening without updating to 551.61. I’m actually running 546.33 the most generally stable for Turing cards (RTX 20xx) of recent releases. The new release had some poor feedback on the nV subreddit and it doesn’t even have any patch notes for Last Epoch so saw no reason.

My system has no problem with more intensive games like BG3 or recent games with questionable optimization like Granblue Fantasy Relink.

For me, my error is like the OP. Faulting application is Last Epoch, faulting module is Unityplayer.dll

I rolled my driver back to an earlier version and it had no effect so it doesn’t seem to be that after all.

Instead I reduced my settings from mostly Ultra to mostly Very High. My fans dropped from a constant 2000+ RPM to a quiet 600 and the game hasn’t crashed since.

Not a single crash in the last three days.

Have set FPS limit (suggestion 60, I run 49 on an ancient system), and using graphics card driver software for limiting the FPS as the in game settings does not impose a constant limitation. The game has a tendency to spike GPU usage to 100% periodically, even in loading or character selection screens.

Another suggestion would be to check the Windows Reliability Monitor, to see if any other problems are showing up.

Windows start → type “relia” and enter or click “View reliability history”.

Remember to use the in game bug report tool (can be done at login or character select too) and enable attach log files, as this will allow EHG to diagnose much more efficiently and get us fixes faster.

Other changes that might be useful, more for disconnects instead of crashes though.

• Disable VPN and associated security (infinite loading screen and crashing VPN background process and Steam for me, requiring a complete system reboot)- works with VPN again for me since yesterday.
  • Realtek (onboard) NIC, rollback drivers to native Windows driver (common problem).

After some more hours play, I still haven’t had a foreground crash since reducing my settings. However the game will now crash when backgrounded. Every time.

1 Like

Never-ending story for my also. Just created another bug report: Game keeps crashing

It’s really frustrating, especially not being able to find working solution. Sometimes I can play for hours, sometimes 1st echo and it crashes. Just boosted my swap even higher - will see if that helps but I do remember similar issue in GTA5 years ago, then playing a bit with virtual memory helped.

This has just started happening to me today with patches 1.0.1.1 and 1.0.1.2. At first I could get to a couple of zones then crash. Now I can’t even load into town.

Was hoping with the new patch the issue would be resolved. I got a new motherboard, since I had encountered some other problems. Asus Strix rog B550 AGAMING motherboard. can play for like 10 mins and game crashes. XMP is enabled and I did not increase virtual memory since other games dont require these work arounds, I only disabled overlays. I am getting way better performance with new motherboard so there was definitely an issue with the old motherboard.

Hopefully they address more memory leak issues. I was just standing in a corrupted monolith and while i was typing this game crashed with unity player error… :frowning:

I reinstalled my drivers 3 days ago. No crashes. 2ith the new update I’m crashing everytime I leave the end of time, sometimes on the log in screen.

Hi !

Same problem with me, and it intensifies as the days go by.
Since this morning, the crashes occur as soon as a zone is loaded.

My hardware:
Operating System: Windows 11 Professional 64-bit (10.0, Build 22631)

Processor: Intel(R) Core™ i9-14900KF (32 CPUs), ~3.2GHz

Memory: 131072MB RAM

DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Card name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4070 Ti

All my Drivers without exception are up to date

I thought it’s better but seems 1.0.1.2 didn’t change a thing unfortunately. There was a hope because last night I played for 2-3hrs without a crash :wink:

Managed to fix it somehow.

1. Uninstalled the game
  2. Cleared cache in Steam settings
  3. Installed program “Search everything” and then searched for “last epoch”
  4. Delete every single folder/file that has that name(“last epoch”) in it that is on the list,
    And when I say, everything, I mean everything.
    Note: You should have CLOUD SAVE on steam for this, don’t go back screaming that you lost your save files
  5. Installed Last Epoch again

Hopefully, it will stay that way

Also just in case…

1. Set LastEpoch.exe , run as an administrator in properties under compatibilities
  2. Also expand virtual memory
  3. Update the graphics drivers
  4. Update windows

I found my issue. It was one of my CPU cores.

I found this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/overclocking/comments/exficb/fatal_error_rounding_was_05_expected_less_than_04/

My CPU was not overclocked at all, not sure what caused that issue.

And I got the exact same issue running prime95, after disabling the faulty core I tested the last 3 hours running the game on ultra settings 4k with D.O.C.P enabled. No crashes, overlays enabled and alt tabbing doing things as normally. Also virtual memory is set to default. So just working as intended.

Also I was having google chrome crash issues stating a similar error but referencing another DLL in the system32 folder.

I hope this helps someone, I got a new motherboard for nothing but o well at least issue is resolved, and there is a fix for the core issue by increasing the voltage by 10mv and re-running the test to see if it gives any errors.

I can finally play hardcore :beers:

I fixed my issue by undercloking GPU (OC by manufacturer) as I had issues in other games too. Funny thing is I didn’t have those before playing LE :wink:

Had no crash-related issues prior to the latest Last Epoch Hotfix 1.0.1.2
After this hotfix the game started to crash.

The same reasons as mentioned above by others in this thread.

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a11020
Exception code: 0x80000003
Fault offset: 0x0000000000ddcfcb
Faulting process id: 0x0x5DC8
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA6F04A29B07B2
Faulting application path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 735124eb-fd54-4dfd-9ca0-989ef7acef6e
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

All settings of my PC are default.
GPU - default settings, no overclocking
CPU - default settings, no overclocking
RAM - default settings, no overclocking (XMP disabled)

All drivers and OS itself are updated

Aynı sorun ile buradayım!

Hatalı uygulama adı: Last Epoch.exe, sürüm: 2019.4.40.50731, zaman damgası: 0x62a10ee1
Hatalı modül adı: UnityPlayer.dll, sürüm: 2019.4.40.50731, zaman damgası: 0x62a11020
Özel durum kodu: 0xc0000005
Hata uzaklığı 0x00000000014108e9
Hatalı işlem kimliği: 0x0x30C0
Uygulama başlangıç zamanı: 0x0x1DA6F2B234615C5
Hatalı uygulama yolu: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Hatalı modül yolu: D:\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Rapor kimliği: 4e94ce47-caa1-4bbc-82e9-35c70afd9493
Hatalı paket tam adı:
Hatalı paketle ilgili uygulama kimliği:

Having the same exact crash after the latest patch. All settings stock but it still happens

Removed the le_graphicsmanager.ini file.

Freed up some space on my SSD (about 270 gigs). Prior it was about 10 gigs free on System partition and about 20 gigs on another partition.
Now the System partition has 20 gigs free and another one 250 gigs free

Then went to the ‘NVidia control panel > Manage 3d setting’ and set up for Last Epoch app:

• Max frame rate = 60
  • Background max frame rate = 30
  • VSync = Fast

Then launched the game and went to settings:

• Set global settings to Ultra
  • Disabled VSync
  • Disabled Max Frame rate
  • Disabled Background max frame rate

This is the second day I am not encountering crashes.
(Fingers crossed)

Patch 1.0.2 seemed to fix the issue as I had no crashes on 1.0.2

New hotfix 1.0.2.1 that was pushed today made it worse than ever before that it is now completely unplayable with this crash. Previously if this unityplayer.dll crash happened, after 3 or 4 tries it would work. But now it just crashes 100% of the time.

Hello,

I am having similar issues, and I believe the issue is with UnityLibrary.dll directly. Since this tool has issues across the entire game sphere, I would never consider it at this point for a full fledge game. I would use another resource. I feel the devs need to just replace their usage of this library with something else.