Game crashes with UnityPlayer.dll error

Good day,

I have tried everything that was previously suggested to no avail. Game works for 5 mins or sometimes 30 mins then crashes with the same error.
Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a11020
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000000000046cee0
Faulting process id: 0x0x293C
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA656600E0E458
Faulting application path: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: D:\Games\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 0568473a-f704-4402-885e-7fda495d94df
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

PC Specs:
Asus Tuf x570-plus wifi
5900x
4080 super
32GB G.Skill 3200MHz
m.2 960 EVO 500GB

What I have tried.
Disabled XMP, set ram to 2133Mhz, enabled XMP and downclock ram to 3000Mhz.
Reinstall game, reinstall windows, down clock GPU speed and memory.
Used only 1 ram stick, swap out to other ram 2x8Gb 2666Mhz. Downgraded nvidia drivers to 551.31 from 551.52.
crash report below
Report.txt (22.1 KB)

Playing the game at medium graphics and limit fps to 60FPS no vertical sync. This allows me to play the game for 5 mins sometimes longer.

I am really at a loss here. Would really love to play the gameā€¦ Any assistance would be welcomed or suggestions.

2 Likes

Same here dude, iā€™ve seen this is a problem that is here over a year ago and still no1 has the solution. Iā€™ve tried every single fix that iā€™ve seen on forums, discords, asking IT friendā€¦ Nothing, this problem is just alien problem. Now i play fearing the next error/crash that will come in over 30 mins, thatā€™s truely sad =(

2 Likes

Same error for me, I have no issues with any other game. Itā€™s borderline unplayable due to how regular this crash is tbh

Well, i gotta say i had just 1 crash this morning. 0 crashes the rest of the day ^^

Edit: Just crashed againā€¦

1 Like

Im also crashing , got the same error and few others. For me it started with the last patch before 1.0 , before that i had no issues. Some dev really should look into this. We spent money on the game and cant play it.

My problem was an overclocked GPU.

Good for you if you was able to sort it out. Mine sits at stock sadly so thats not the issue. As soon as i launch the game my gpu usage spikes to 100 then back to 0. Temps are around 70 sometimes goes up to 75 celsius. I dont know whats the issue but 8m kinda sure its not related to my pc. They have changed something in the past 2 larger patches , prior those patches the game worked just fine.

I tried everything yesterday again to no avail. I manage to play around with the nvidia program settings but managed to get like 2 sessions of 2 hour gaming but problem still persists.

GPU doesnā€™t even get to 70 degrees or utilization above 70% .

I can maybe try to declock the gpu to the maximum but I really dont think its worth it. The issue is unity and seems like certain scenarios the game gets a memory leak. Hopefully they can solve it by next patch

My GPU is not overclocked, so i didnā€™t touch this option. I changed my RAM file size from 7gb to 26 gb and it seems that worked, for some reason.
Iā€™ll tell you if today i get any crash, and if i donā€™t iā€™ll explain you how to do that. Oh, i have 48gb RAM, so i didnā€™t know which size to choose, i did it with ā€œrandomā€ values, lol.

Same for me. Got newest drivers, swap file extended, nothing is overclocked. RTX 2070 Super in my caseā€¦ Crashing like hell at specific locations - always same place. When I manage to pass it then itā€™s fine for some time but always find another place where crash occurs. Unplayable.

I seem to have fixed my crash by deleting le_graphicsmanager.ini here:
C:\Users****\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch

edit: it seems more stable, but Iā€™m still crashing :frowning:

Ill have to try that. Today i was able to play for like 4 hours without a single crash. I was monitoring my vram ram tempā€™s clock speeds nothing unusal.

I updated my drivers to the latest nvidia drivers. Had two crashes in the beginning but then I had nothing for the rest of the time playing. 3-4 hours. I also set everything to ultra detail and had no crashes where previously it crashed within 5 mins on those details.

This issue seems to be related to the game engine that LE was developed in. So it can be a driver and hardware combination which the game engine doesnā€™t like. And it seems to affect a few unlucky people.

My card is rx580 , so it seems like a wider range of users. For me settings did not make any difference. Also you are probably right. Unity aint that good of an engine esp for games like this.

Yes yaā€™ll are right. It is unity. I actually tried many different things, from updating my bios, reinstalling graphics drivers and doing a memtest. In the end I just reduced the GPU clock and increased itā€™s voltage a bit and now it works. As with some of you I also experienced a small 50-60% utilization with temps never even going above 50c. But the game would just restart my graphics driver randomly and it would crash with the UnityPlayer.dll error. Windows stated it was a ā€œLiveKernelEvent 117ā€ in the Reliability History. Yes they point towards hardware failure and it usually means mem problems. But apparently Unity just hates overclocking :expressionless: Hope yaā€™ll get a fix too.

I am getting this error now after the newest patch

Same here, cant play 30 mins without unitiy crashā€¦horrible

Have you guys updated drivers? Nvidia recently had an driver update. My game hasnā€™t crashed since this morning.

Just received the new patch, and my game wonā€™t boot, get this error. Didnā€™t have any issues with the game booting yesterday or a few weeks ago when I tried it out.

My error

Faulting application name: Last Epoch.exe, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a10ee1
Faulting module name: UnityPlayer.dll, version: 2019.4.40.50731, time stamp: 0x62a11020
Fault offset: 0x00000000008125d9
Faulting process id: 0x43d0
Faulting application start time: 0x01da66a9bca592b2
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 992ab268-8f38-4f4e-8f4a-f66f88852d03
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID: 

After hotfix 1.0d, the game crashes at startup with the below exception. Iā€™ve not had a problem prior to this update.
Windows 11, fully patched. nvida 3700 up to date drivers.

Fault offset: 0x0000000000df458f
Faulting process id: 0x0x13D00
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA66A6D09131BF
Faulting application path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\Last Epoch.exe
Faulting module path: G:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Last Epoch\UnityPlayer.dll
Report Id: 5e957b3f-d1be-4a99-891d-2f1a6d545403