Game crashes when loading a character after newest Hotfix

The game works fine until it comes to loading an actual character. Once I click the button the background freezes while the music and mouse are still working, but it will be stuck that way at this point. Clicking anything again just gives me the Windows “Not Responding” message.

Already tried to let Steam check the game for errors and even reinstalled it, but neither worked.

Player.log (9.5 KB)
Player-prev.log (10.7 KB)

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

The logs provided dont seem to indicate anything really specific that could be going on - they just stop… If you have verified the game files then there is something else going on somewhere…

To clarify… You can load the game and get to the point where you are logged in and have the purple play button… You can click on the play button, and it loads the character selection screen… However, if you chose a character and click Enter Game, it just hangs and gives you the not responding windows message?

Do I have the summary correct?

Some default things to do beyond what verifying the game files on Steam:

• How old is your GPU driver? If its older than 3 months, I would recommend doing a clean driver installation to something newer… Note: A clean installation, not an upgrade.

• What graphic settings are you using? The game is obviously in beta and has known performance related instability/issues especially if you try and play at higher settings on older hardware. E.g. Running a 1070 at Ultra is likely to have problems. As a test, set your in-game settings (before trying to chose a character) to 1080p, Very low quality and all special features like shadows disabled or on their lowest setting, 60 maximum fps limit enabled. Try and load the character with these settings - if it works, then the problem is likely related and you can slowly increase settings to see at what point it fails…

• Have you updated any other application or are you running any other apps while trying to test LE… There are known issues with the Unity game engine and other apps so for testing purposes, just temporarily dont run anything else… This includes things like Steam Overlays and similar apps. This is also indirectly related to resources available for the game vs the settings you are using.

• Make sure your Windows is up to date and properly patched with no failed or pending updates.

• How long have you waited for the game after it freezes? This might be a strange thing, but I have experienced this in the past and on occassion, just waiting a little longer than normal, the game recovers itself and works fine from then…

• Check your View Reliability History or Event viewer and see if Windows is reporting anything else happening on your PC that could be impacting the game…

The Updated Driver did it. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.