Game Crashes to Desktop on Startup

Title sums it all up. I have had no issues playing the game as of the 7.9 update. After taking a break from the game, I came back under the most recent Beta 8.0 patch, and now, upon opening my game, the logo screen appears, then a small box with the game icon with a red “X” in the lower left corner of it pops up briefly, and I end up on my desktop.

I have already:

• Uninstalled/reinstalled the game
  • Updated Windows (I’m running Win 10 Pro v20H2)
  • Installed the latest drivers for my video card (NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080)
  • Verified local game file integrity through Steam.

No clue why I can’t play the game. I can’t even get to the main menu. Never had this issue before. Let me know what steps I might be able to try. Thanks.

Bump, as I still cannot even play the game. Any ideas?

I would try moving your le_graphicsmanager.ini file in C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Eleventh Hour Games\Last Epoch
to a backup location and try starting the game up again. It should auto generate a new default one that could fix issues like this.

Did not change a thing. Still getting the same CtD. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Once more, bump, as I cannot play the game that I purchased. Please help. I cannot get a crash report to generate, or perhaps I don’t know where to look for one. I would rather avoid having to ask for a refund.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.