Game crashes on startup

Hi, first time I launched the game, I was able to get into the menu,create the character, and play for 15 mins. I then quit the game.
Next time I launched it, I got into the menu,tried launching my character, but game crashed when loading.
Then it progressed into crashes when launching game itself (and I can see a red triangle with " ! " in it" . I tried verifying game files, I tried uninstalling and installing game again, moving it to SSD, nothing helped.
What to do?

Mě to dělá to stejný, mám hru týden a ještě sem ji nespustil, padá hned při startu nebo po výběru postavy. Doufám že to brzy spraví

Z kadial vies ze som slovak?:smiley:

Try downloading their launcher, then exit every application on your computer besides windows. I think this has to do with a RAM issue, as my computer was constantly running out of RAM (still does, but much less often after I started exiting literally unnecessary process like twitch, discord, steam, epic games, xbox pass, random mouse hardware stuff). Be sure to exit google chrome’s background processes as well.

Thx, I will try. Hopefully that is only temporary solution. I would like to play through steam.

Hi folks.

I’m sorry about the crashing issues. This is a rare problem compared to the number of people playing the game, but that isn’t really a consolation.

Generally, if the game started crashing after a hotfix, repairing the game is likely to solve it.

If repairing the game doesn’t help, please provide all the information listed in this support article inside a .zip so we can investigate, even if others have. Log files can often help us determine the exact nature of the problem - there can be different causes that appear to have the same symptoms.

If you’d like, you can contact support rather than posting on the forum.

@smcmickle @Salenai the Standalone and Steam versions of the game are exactly the same, so I wouldn’t expect changing platforms to resolve this unless there is another problem (i.e. system running out of resources).

Again, these problems can be different for every person so I would recommend posting your diagnostic files first.

Crashes.zip (644.8 KB)
DxDiag salenai.txt (108.9 KB)

I am attaching both files, I had many crashes. The further the crashes went, the less I was able to actually get into the game. Very first time that I launched the game, I actually was able to play it. Then second time and few times more, I was able to get to menu and pick character. Then last few crashes game was crashing while loading the game itself.

I look at both steam game forums and these forums, and crashes seem frequent with latest patch.

P.S - tried uninstalling game, installing game, verifying game files via steam, nothing helped.
Tried also to move game from HDD to SSD, no change in crashes either (except for game launching much faster).

Thanks. A lot of your crash logs mention nvwgf2umx.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005). This dll is provided by nvidia as part of their graphics drivers, so I’d recommend performing a clean install of the latest drivers with DDU.

It also looks like your system is using almost all of its RAM (and a large paging file) at the time the crash happens. If this is still happening after a driver re-install I would recommend closing as many other programs as possible to reduce RAM usage, trying lower graphics settings (your GPU has 2GB of VRAM but will overflow to your normal RAM), and checking the size and location of your paging file.

Thanks for help :), GPU updates bugged for me few weeks ago, I was unable to install newest one. Other games however worked still fine, so I did not think much of it.

I tried clean install of GPU driver and it worked :), game works perfectly now. Thanks for help :). Game looks great.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.