Game crashes on login/startup

Hello, Im trying to launch the game but the game crashes every time I get pass the login attempt. A month ago game was running fine.
I tried these methods to fix the problem: I verified the game files in steam, I had downloaded the standalone client, reinstalled my gpu drivers, cleaned dns cache and tried to login with lowest graphical settings. None of them did help to solve the issue.
Player.log (31.1 KB)
error.log (46.7 KB)
DxDiag.txt (21.8 KB)

Hey, Welcome to the forum…

If the game was running fine a month ago, then what else has changed on your system since then? LE has not had a patch update in longer than a month so the game itself has not changed… which logically means something changed on your side…

• Has anything changed on your system since the last time you successfully played the game?
  • Have you installed anything?
  • Have you updated anything?
  • Has anything been automatically updated?
  • Has anything happened on your system - i.e. you added a new device, changed a harddrive, changed a config?
  • When you last played successfully, did the game crash?

ANYTHING…?

The log files you have included indicate that the game has crashed at the game engine itself… This is usually solved by verifying the game files/reinstalling and making sure that the GPU drivers & OS are updated and patched correctly and sometimes also related to applications that are conflicting with the Unity game engine.

You have not included your in-game settings (le_graphicsmanager.ini) so I cannot see what settings you are using but I would suggest that absolutely everything is set to Very Low or disabled… While your GPU is at the recommended level, your CPU is at the minimum required so its important to chose the absolute lowest config possible to rule out performance based instability (i.e. settings too high for your hardware).

As you have verified the games and used the standalone client I am going to assume that the game files are ok.

Reinstalling your GPU drivers - I see from the Dxdiag that the drivers are from Feb 21… I would suggest you check for updated ones and do a safe mode driver reinstallation to ensure that the drivers update properly (or use something like DDU). Safe mode installations will make sure that any corrupted GPU drivers are properly uninstalled and replaced…

Another thing to check is drivers from ALL your hardware - I realise you are using a no longer supported OS so drivers are all likely to be old, but you need to make sure that you are using the latest possible drivers for anything in your system for Windows 7. Sound drivers, chipset drivers… anything…

On the login screen… are you seeing the purple successful login before the crashing? If yes, then that means you are logged in correctly and the game is crashing when it tries to load your characters - which could mean that there is something wrong with one or more of your savegames/files… You can test this by backing up your savegame folder and removing the files in it… If the game stops crashing and you can create a new char then it could be corrupted save files (this is possible and does happen).

Your DXDIAG file doesnt include the usual diagnostic section at the end - this shows any errors that your system is having and could help point to a particular issue that might explain the problem or help… Please can you export your Dxdiag again and check that there is a diagnostic section at the end.

There have been a few forum threads with users on Windows 7 having inexplicable issues after being able to successfully play before problems started… Unfortunately after a lot of very in-depth troubleshooting (over many weeks involving the devs & non-trivial debugging that is beyond most users), the only reliable solution has been to do clean reinstallations of Windows 7… Just putting this out there.

Another possible suggestion - There are lots of known issues of other applications installed and/or running that cause instability and crashing of the Unity game engine… These have included things like Citrix, Teamviewer and even Razer mouse software… As a test, temporarily disable and do not run ANY other application, overlay, screen capture etc while testing LE… doesnt matter how irrelevant it might seem. Just dont run it while trying to use LE.

Your boot drive space is very low… Windows doesnt like to have less boot drive space than installed physical memory - this causes a lot of instability when trying to use swap files and memory management… Your C drive has less than 5gb space but you have 16gb memory… I would recommend you clear out more space on your C drive partition.

Hello again, first of all I would like to thank you for taking your time and looking at my problem.

Previously, I was able to play the game on highest possible settings, without major fps drops or freezes, maybe sometimes I had experienced fps drops, but it wasn’t a big deal.
There wasn’t any big changes on my side, like change of a hardware or a system update. There were perhaps some minor updates to the software, like java updates, but I dont think it should impact the game, I might be wrong though.

Im not sure what’s wrong with my dxdiag, but it doesn’t show diagnostic section, I had reattached the new dxdiag file, but It doesn’t have the needed section still.

So far I had done following steps:

• Reinstalled my amd drivers by using ddu and installing the latest drivers for windows 7, unfortunately I have to upgrade my OS to get the latest drivers, since the newest version is no longer supported for w7.

• I had deleted my characters and set my graphic settings to the lowest possible.

• Exited every app, except steam, my antivirus was disabled as well. Even deleted some old apps which is no longer in use.

• Cleaned a little bit of space on C:\ drive, it is quite small and I was only able to get 8gb of free space in total, my pagefile.sys is 16gb, so it should be able to utilize my ram.

And game still crashes on login, after I see the “Entering eterra” sign. I think login is successful, but before I can enter character selection screen the game crashes. Game crashes at this moment.
It seems the upgrade of my Os is the only option now. Oh well.

Player.log (26.8 KB)
le_graphicsmanager.ini (495 Bytes)
error.log (41.3 KB)
DxDiag12.txt (40.1 KB)

To be honest with you, based on my 1000h+ experience with playing game and helping other people that have been having performance issues over the last year, I do not believe this. Sorry. On your hardware playing LE in with Ultra settings even at 1080p is almost guaranteed to have crashes, freezes and FPS spikes and generally low performance. The game might run, but not without issues imho. I have better hardware than yours and if I run on Ultra @ 1080p in Win 10 the game WILL crash or freeze or have huge FPS spikes at least once a play session/game load. Perhaps what I consider “playable” is different to you. :wink:

The screenshot you provided shows that the login process has not finished so the game hasnt even authenticated your account yet… Are you sure that you dont have any upstream network issues that is delaying your connection to EHG servers? I have helped someone in Asia who had a problem with their DNS provider having delayed lookups that would timeout - when they changed DNS to google (8.8.8.8) they could login immediately… Timeouts are not shown in your game logs so this is just a guess…

Diagnostic section in DXDIAG… Maybe this is a Win7 issue (I cannot remember - its been years since I had a Win7 machine)… To see the errors happening on your system you can also use the Event Viewer. It doesnt have an easy way to show others the errors tho… but you should be able to see what problems your system is having and try and resolve them.

Upgrading your OS… Well, thats up to you, but if you are expecting to use newer games and/or newer versions of applications you may very well have to. If you dont plan on upgrading anything you use then Windows 7 is fine. Be warned tho… Win10 is going to be slower on your system.

If you are committed to using Windows 7, you might want to try a clean installation first - as I mentioned, a lot of people with Win7 having problems with LE have found that a clean installation solved things immediately. Unfortunately it doesnt explain what caused the problem in the first place…

I cannot really offer much more… I am not a unity developer so there is only so much I can get from the logs… The rest is guesswork and unfortunately using Win7 makes it harder to figure things out / replicate because its so old now… The Unity engine 2019 that LE uses, is meant to work on Win7 but it could have things that are deprecated on WIn7 that EHG are using and this is causing issues… Who knows…

Only other thing I can offer is to log a support request directly with EHG.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.