Game crashes at launch after choosing full screen mode

Hello.

(sorry for my bad English, it’s not my native language).

I did a fresh install of LE today, after buying the game this morning.

• First time I ran it, it was in windowed mode, so I tried to switch to fullscreen.
  • Fullscreen was already selected, but the game was still in windowed mode. I was suspecting a resolution detection issue.
  • So, I choose another resolution just for test purpose.

Now, the game does start in fullscreen, but it crashes whenever I try to run it (I use your launcher). It displays the title screen, then the next screen with the “settings” and “quit game” buttons. I can hear some music, but the game crashes about 1 second after that.

The game was not crashing in windowed mode.

Please find attached the Player.log file.
Player.log (29.0 KB)

Please note that my gaming computer is totally new with a fresh win10 installation, but the graphic adapter is quite old due to the current shortage of GPU (I will change it as soon as possible). I have the latest supported drivers for the graphic adapter (they were released in 2015).

Hey. Welcome to the forums…

Sorry you are having hassles getting the game to run for the first time…

Its important that you provide more information on your computer and game setup.

Using a graphics driver from 2015 and having graphics related errors is almost expected.

From the log I see you are using AMD Radeon HD 6900 series card… There is a driver update from 2021 from AMD… I suggest you install that.

Also… unfortunately that card is VERY slow and if you can get it stable, I recommend you set the in-game graphics to 1080p (you probably will have to set that lower) with 60fps framerate limited (you may need to drop this to 30) and everything setting to very low or disabled…

Hello.

Thank you for your answer, but I don’t find the drivers you are speaking about. They are not listed in this AMD page: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/amd-radeon-hd-6000-series/amd-radeon-hd-6990 .

I fixed my issue by renaming the AppData/LocalLow/Eleventh Hour Game/ directory to reset my preferences. The game starts again in windowed mode and seems stable so far.

For information, I achieve about 30 FPS in 1080p with my old graphic adapter and the default graphic options (I wasn’t expecting much).

I consider my issue solved, but I will link more informations in case it can be of some use to you:

Sorry… My mistake… I see you have to use the Legacy drivers… for the 6990…

Glad you could figure it out… You could just copy the le_graphics manager file so that you can overwrite it if a setting messes up again.

30fps is about what I thought you would be able to get… I would however recommend a few changes to get the performance/stability a little better:

1. Try dropping the settings from Medium to Low - unlikely you will notice that much visual difference but you may get a decent improvement in fps.
  2. Try without anti-aliasing for the same reason.
  3. Enable the framerate limiting - dont use vsync and dont leave this unlimited as LE can sometimes push the graphics card till it crashes if you dont put in a limit.

Really is a shame about the damn graphic card supply problems right now… Your poor 5800X… ;-P…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.