Game Crashes and Freezes PC

Problem
I have been having an issue where the game will completely freeze and my entire PC becomes unresponsive. I cannot CTRL+ALT+DEL, ALT+TAB, or ALT+F4. I end up having to cut power to my PC by holding down the power button.

Frequency
The frequency is seemingly random. It can be 5 minutes or 20 minutes, but it will eventually happen.

Things I’ve Tried

• Update Video Card Drivers
  • Lowered Graphics Settings to Low
  • Altered Graphics Settings e.g. VSync On/Off

Supporting Files
DxDiag.txt (80.7 KB)
Player-prev.log (22.1 KB)

Update
To rule out the video card driver further, I used Display Driver Uninstaller and wiped out my current driver. Once I was back to the Microsoft Basic Display Adapter, I reinstalled the latest driver from Radeon.

After a reboot and launching the game, my PC froze in less than 10 minutes. This time I had OpenHardwareMonitor running and my temperatures and load for GPU and CPU were reasonable.

I am unsure where to go from here. At this point, I don’t really want to launch the game anymore because I don’t want to keep cutting the power to my PC.

Is there any info in your Windows event log about this?
This is usually helping me out in such cases.

For me it’s the same (instead of freezing and killing of my PC, I’m getting the unity crash handler). Is your game also crashing while “idling” somewhere (like in a town/quest hub)? If I stand AFK in the End of Time for example, my game still crashes randomly, without any opponents or inputs from my side. Would be interesting to know.
But first you could check your event log. Maybe that could you point into a direction.
Any problems with other games/applications?

Update
I checked Event Viewer and the only critical error is:

“The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.”

However, this is referring to when I cut the power to my PC due to the freeze.

The game freezes and locks up my PC no matter what I am doing. As a test, I logged in and did next to nothing. I didn’t walk, I didn’t cast a spell, I didn’t open my inventory. All I did was move my mouse around until it happened, which took less than 5 minutes.

I have not had issues with any of the other games I play such as Path of Exile or League of Legends.

Update
I disabled all non-Microsoft services and disabled every startup application from running. This did not solve the freeze.

Update
I uninstalled the game and reinstalled it. The game still frequently crashes, but at least it’s no longer locking up my entire computer.

Attached is data from one of the crashes. It seems to be the same each time.

error.log (62.4 KB) Player.log (35.4 KB)

Edit: I spoke too soon. My PC froze and I had to cut the power. Nothing is logged when that happens.

Update
I cranked up the settings and played Path of Exile for about 2 hours today without any issues. My CPU and GPU were hotter than when I play Last Epoch on very low.

I know these are two different games, and I do remember a time when Path of Exile had much worse performance than it has today. With that said, I think they should perform similarly given the difference in settings I used in each game.

At this point, I don’t think there is anything I can do except wait for another patch/more time to pass. This game is unfortunately unplayable (for me) in its current form.

Update
I reset my PC back to the factory default. No change.

I’ll be back when multiplayer is released to give the game another shot.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.