Game crash while monsters cast void spells (Ruined Areas)

Hi !
Bought the game 2 days ago. I enjoy it a lot so far. Sadly I experience a lot of crashes.

These crashes seem related to specific spells (purple ones) cast by monsters in Ruined Areas.

My first crashes occurred during the fight with Idol of the Loathing. More specifically when it cast purple balls. I managed to beat it at closed range so that it didn’t cast its balls.
Since, I got a lot of crashes in almost every Ruined Areas I go.

Like suggested in other forum posts, I have verified my game files through Steam, and already uninstall/reinstall the game.

Here is the last log file (crash in the Ruined Coast):
Player.log (35.2 KB)

The graphicsmanager.ini (graphics set at very low):
le_graphicsmanager.ini (493 Bytes)

and the DxDiag:
DxDiag.txt (113.6 KB)

Hope there is some workaround for these crashes !

Thanks

Hey there, Welcome to the forums…

Your system is obviously on the lower end but it should be able to handle the game at the settings you are using without too much hassle… Your CPU is maybe 10-20% faster than the minimum and your GPU is more capable than the recommended… So its unlikely you are suffering from the known performance instability in the game. (i.e. settings to high for the hardware)

A few things from the info you provided:

1. You are using a lot of virtual sound drivers etc that are not on the WHQL lists and are very old… there are a few from 2010… Even your Realtek drivers are from 2015… I would recommend you check and update all of these drivers and any apps that they use… It might not be directly related to LE but they might be doing something that is indirectly affecting your system and then LE.

2. Your GPU driver version is recent and OS patching seems to be up to date but please check your windows update for any failed or pending patches…

3. You are getting regular LiveKernelEvent 117 & 141 errors (end of dxdiag file) - these errors are hardware or driver related but they could be ANYTHING… The only way to tell for sure is to look in the crash dumps for any specific files that are reported as the problem… You MIGHT be able to see more information in View Reliability History on your system too… Key thing here is that these are serious and NOT errors you should be having on your system and they need to be troubleshooted and fixed… It could be anything but without more detail it would be like looking for a needle in a haystack.

4. The Last Epoch errors are on UnityPlayer.dll & d3d11.dll . The first is the game engine and the second is the DirectX11 dlls… The game engine issues are usually resolved by verifying the game files and in the absence of anything in the player.log thats probably all you needed to do… but the directx issue are usual GPU driver related - you may have to roll back your driver to an older version that is likely more stable for your old 980ti and I recommend that you do a safe mode driver reinstallation (or use something like DDU) to ensure a proper driver installation (just running the driver update from nvidia doesnt always work when there are underlying problems).

5. Are you running any other applications while testing LE? As a temporary test, disable or do not run ANYTHING (no matter how obscure) while trying LE… it is not impossible for something

Thanks so much for your detailed reply.
Seems I have a lot to do ! :smile:
I’ll try to find solutions for your 1st, 3rd and 4th points and come back when it’s done.
About your last point, I usually keep running firefox behind with some tabs open, but that’s all.
Thanks again and have a nice day!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.