Game crash when changing graphic settings (and crash other programs as well)

Hello,

Since today’s update (18/12/2021 - version 0.8.4d) using Steam, the game is crashing whenever I am trying to update my graphic settings. From my tests, it crash whenever:

• I am trying to set Vertical Sync from Off to On
  • I am changing graphics quality from Medium to Low
    Moreover, when the game is crashing, it crash other programs running on my computer (discord, firefox, …). Might this be a memory leak issue ?

Here are the dxdiag as well as the player logs
DxDiag.txt (124.0 KB)
Player.log (9.9 KB)

1 Like

Hey there… Welcome to the forums…

Are you still having this issue?

Have you done a game file verification through Steam to ensure the patch applied properly?

You didnt include your le_graphicsmanager.ini - the game settings… So I cannot see what resolution you are trying to run at or what settings you have enabled, but the player.log is saying that the game is unable to load and render textures at 2560x1440… This is usually a sign of a preformance related instability issue.

Note: You should not use VSync for LE… its better to use the framerate limiting option in game - I know it is effectively the same thing, but from experience the framerate limiting is a much more stable setting.

Deleting the le_graphicsmanager.ini file while the game is not running will force the game to reset the settings - which should then allow you to get in and change them again without it crashing.

Also… if you are doing any driver level changes that override the games settings/conflict with the game then this could be causing issues.

Your GPU drivers could use an update… they arent too old but may as well…

Hello,

Thank you for your answer. I did fix this issue by resetting the le_graphicsmanager.ini and enabling VSync as well as Low graphics quality directly from the file.

Here is my current le_graphicsmanager.ini file
le_graphicsmanager.ini (458 Bytes)

Cheers

You may have issues with Vsync and Framerate Limiting enabled at the same time… normally this isnt possible through the GUI. Its an either or setting.

Personally I would use Framerate limiting as it gives the control you need to make sure the game doesnt run away with your GPU by maxing it out all the time and making the game unstable… Vsync just sets this to a fixed number matching your monitor Hz

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.