Game chat does not work

So I’m in-game several hours a day this last couple months, and the one constant is that chat stops working all the time. Getting worse every day. Is this due to the numbers of new players? It is very frustrating, as getting it to work again requires returning to login screen. I would say the average up-time for chat for me is about 10 minutes.

I hope this instability (non-crafting type) is being looked at, because one of the best parts of this game is the ‘community feel’. Also, new players reaallly need help. The free support offered by seasoned players in-game is invaluable, and many good conversations are cutoff mid stream. I’d estimate ‘how do I get my Mastery?’ is asked about every 7 or 8 minutes. Also, a significant amount of new players don’t notice the ‘store crafting’ button on the bottom of the inventory window. These players appreciate the support of the community, so I’m looking forward to a stable chat environment. Thank you for the great game!

1 Like

There is a lot to love about Last Epoch. But a quick search of the forums show this has been an issue for some time.

For me, it is easily the most frustrating issue with this game.

Can someone please explain to me what is going on when chat just suddenly stops working?

No warnings, no error messages. You type into the chat field, hit enter a “poof” everything you just wrote goes into oblivion. Chat dialogue stops scrolling.

Am I opening the wrong window and chatting at the same time? Am I chatting too much? Is there something I can do (short of disabling chat) to make this stop?

Some people claim it never happens to them.

Its still an issue. I was trying to help a new player with GPU temperature issues yesterday. In the middle of of this conversation, I was kicked from chat. I re-logged my character came back and typed “Sorry I was kicked from chat” and the person I was talking to typed back almost an identical sentence as he too had just been kicked from chat.

from 7.9 to 7.9c I got kicked ZERO times and thought that finally this issue was resolved. The moment I left the game to download 7.9c and came back, I logged in to a broken chat. Since then the chat client has been as buggy as I have remembered.

I’ve had posts on the subject flagged and “hidden”.
I’ve read a post from a dev suggesting to another player with the same issue that it might be a network issue on THE players end".

For me chat is not working at all today . Usually it’s enough to leave the game and log in again but nothing helps today .

1 Like

most of the time my chat seems to have a bug. I can type but when I hit “enter” to send the message nothing happens. I tried to disable and enable chat again, I changed some settings and nothing seems to work. I can usually see other players talking, I just can’t participate and have answers to my questions. Could you guys take a look?

sorry for any typing mistakes, i’m brazilian and english is not my first language, but i’m trying my best xD

Yeah, chat can often disconnect someone, it’s not just you. Though they are working on replacing the chat system/software/server/whatever it is as a “longer term” project.

Sometimes when we log on the chat is ok then after we have been playing for awhile the chat stop working. WHY ??
Also the option to chat to a single guy is not working.
thank you.
nice work on the game guys.

Chat has been flakey for a long time & there are several posts about it already.

https://forum.lastepoch.com/search?q=chat%20%20%23bug-reports%20order%3Alatest

Annoyin :confused:

Just your second character? I came here to say it’s down for all of my characters.

Chat is flakier than a Cadburys Flake, everybody knows this and the devs do try and fix it but, as I think they have said, it’s probably not going to be properly fixed until multiplayer has been implemented.

Nope, neither of them have access as of 12 am, sorry.
Something interesting that happened was that my friend never had access to chat up until quite recently, where which I no longer see the chat window

Ah, well just nice knowing that its common atleast :slight_smile:

Frustratingly so, for the devs as much as anyone else I’m sure.

Today was a new experience for me. Normally I log out and in, it’s reconnected. A mild annoyance. Today I was hardlocked out for over 7 hours, on all characters, with no way to fix it. First time I’ve ran into that.

Title. Just want to make sure this is a known issue(the issue of it being permanent). Any help on resolving it on my end, if I can, would be appreciated.

Yes, it’s a known issue. Restarting LE should fix it. There are plenty of threads here about chat not being the most reliable.

Title, relog does not resolve, lol. This is the only reason I posted, it’s very different than the usual dc, logout/in, reconnect routine.

Whatever the issue, at least it finally sorted itself out after 8hours or so.

Not sure if it’s just me or not. I’ve re-logged and restarted the game multiple times.

Could you upload your log files when it happens again?

Chat is quite flaky, but relogging usually fixes it.