Gambling in this game feels so bad

I honestly do not believe Jehzir does, I did state specifically level 52 multiple times and i did state gamble, not drops but saying i was to low of a level to gamble and saying i was deceptive when i was fairly certain i had been exceedingly clear…

1 Like

On a mathematical point of view, no. You can never guarantee that you will succeed. Because chances don’t add, they reset at each try.
If you have a 0.1 chance to get Smoke Weaver, each time you try to get it you have 0.1 chance, no more. At no moment you can say “it is now guaranteed”, because it’s always a chance and nothing more than a chance.

1 Like

It’s gambling… What did you expect? I personally think it should be taken out entirely. Go farm until it drops. It feels like you’re new to the genre expecting a certain drop that is build enabling. Or worse, playing a build that requires a certain unique and blame the game if you can’t get it. You most definitely had a certain expectation that you would get the item when you really shouldn’t have. Just play a different build and go back to it when the item drops for you. It’s your expectations screwing you over, not the game.

While that is true for each attempt, one can have a reasonable expectation of a thing happening within a certain number of tries. For example, there’s a 95% chance for a 0.1% chance thing happening within 3,000 attempts & a 99.33% chance of it happening within 5,000 attempts. So if there’s a sufficiently high sample size it is reasonable to expect it to happen.

Yes, I agree with that, but it does not mean “guarantee”, as Vyanie said.

I am honestly starting to believe that some of the members on here flag stuff just because it is a different viewpoint than their own. Starting to love it, extremely hilarious

You were flagged? Wow!
I don’t mind having different opinions, as long as each one lets the other think another way. ^^

Nah people just don’t like to read things that are obviously wrong or ridiculous.

How do you know they are if you don’t read?

Oh, definitely read. Just like I don’t like to hear my kids whine, but I can’t change the fact I heard em.

1 Like

Ha ha, agreed! I should say that to mine!

just because you scream no no no no no, does not mean the evidence isnt pointing to a conclusion.

You can scream yes yes yes yes yes yes, does not mean your observation and experience counts as any sort of evidence to suggest you are arriving at the right conclusion. RNG is RNG. Anyone who plays ARPGs knows not to expect loot to drop or appear just because you want it to unless there’s specific mechanics that lead to that conclusion. Gambling is meant to be gambling. It’s not there to give you what you want. Frustrating, yes. Not many will dispute you if that’s your sole line of argument.

Again it is not just the fact its gambling, its gambling upon gambling, just trying to get the item would be enough if you could base to spawn, it would make sense if the BASE ITEM came up at a reasonable rate. Base item not the unique but the BASE on my last try i spent a few million, 2 times in close to 3 million, thats hitting reroll again and again at 500 gold, just to have the chance to have a chance. If you can honestly not understand that then we really do not have much to discuss because you have closed off all avenues of discourse and you have closed your eyes just to straw man against the arguement

1 Like

This is mainly an issue trying to gamble Smoke Weaver since the base is so much lower level than the unique. IMO that should be changed so the base is of a comparable level to the unique (with an additional modifier of negative melee physical damage to bring it back down to the dps of the current unique if they’re concerned about that.

If you’re trying to gamble a specific on level base for crafting the issue you’re talking about is much less prevalent.

Yes i know this is a problem with smoke weaver specifically as I have every single other unique that can be gambled. Not one of the other uniques cost even a fraction of what I have wasted trying to get smokeweaver specifically because of the item base level.

really hope there will be trading at some point for this game. found a smoke weaver last week but since I dont play rogue it’s collecting dust in my stash. mean while been trying to gamble the omnivadence staff for the past week with no luck :expressionless:

I also am trying to find if there were changes to this particular unique in prior patch notes, but cannot seem to find any. I find them usually between 45-54 in the fall of the outcasts.

This is a discussion if gambling is here to stay in its current form. I’m not sure of the exact quotes, but gambling right now is a stop gap measure. Someone correct me if I’m wrong, but it’ll go away or change drastically on release. There’s no doubt it’s frustrating and not fun to gamble. What at least I’m trying to get across to you is not to have expectations on gambling to get a specific item. If you get it great. If not then move on.

I don’t believe that the devs have confirmed that they’ll be removing/changing the gambler, but when we have multiplayer/trading I wouldn’t be surprised if it saw some changes (what, I have no idea).