(Fury leap) Rise + Poisonous Thicket occassionally not procing

The two nodes to proc vines occasionally don’t work. If you have them fully spec’d you should summon 6 vines. About 5% of the time it’ll summon only three vines. and about 1-2% of the time it’ll summon zero vines. The large majority of the time (~90%+) it works as expected, but if you repeatedly leap around you’ll see it occasionally not going off properly.

I tested it both as human form+fury leap and werebear+maul and it glitches equally under both of them. I have Huntersbane allocated. I do NOT have Great Vine allocated.

I will note when it creates 3 vines… sometimes its at the point of departure and sometimes its at the point of landing.

1 Like

Bump. This is really annoying and might be more common than I originally guessed. I’d say one out of four jumps probably doesn’t fully summon six vines. I think it might have to do with the terrain where you land/leap from.

1 Like

Yeah i tested it yesterday. It indeed does not proc sometimes, even if you have enough room around you so there are no obstacles preventing it to spawn (this collision thingy is a nother issue with totems as well).

At 38 second mark no vines are generated, after sometimes as well.

Devs look at this and tell us if it’s working as intended and maybe update the tooltip then.
What i assume is the case:
1)
If there are certain amounts of vines in the starting location it will not proc.
The starting location is probably bigger than what appears visually.
But this seems unlikey since i was pretty much away from other vines.
2)
Engine limitations which has issues with collision/terrain that prevents them to spawn.
Could be faulty /invisible obstacles in the terrain or obvious obstacles in which in either case the vines should spawn around them. Collison is a big issue for totems when using the Grove Mind node. In narrow passages only a few spawn.

1 Like

I’ll note that #1 isn’t the case as you can get no vines spawning when you have 0 vines already spawned. This is especially annoying when procing it in werebear form as it uses a bunch of rage but then doesn’t regenerate it (from +rage per vine passive).

I will also note that while you had only spec’d into Rise, but the Poisonous thicket (spawn three where you land) has the same exact issue.

1 Like

This happens to me as well.

Thanks for confirming.
I checked the LE dev tracker and it does not seem to be on their radar/ known issues list.
So if more people confirm this bug some of the EHG devs may take a closer look if not already.

This is a bug, I’ll look into it. Thanks for the reports!

2 Likes

From 0.8.4.e patch notes:

Fixed a bug where Fury Leap’s Rise and Poisonous Thicket nodes gave less chance to summon vines than intended.

Appears fixed in latest patch! Tested around with it and it appears to always be procing now.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.