Frozen PC - The Corrupted Lake

The game froze my PC. I have to cut the power because everything is frozen. I use the Linux Client.
Game freezes only if I try to enter The corrupted Lake in the Imperial Era - The Risen Lake.
The Log file shows a Exception in UMAAssetIndexer.AddAssetItem. This Exception is consistent with every crash.
Player-prev.log (53.1 KB)

Hey… Welcome to the forums…

The imperial era crashing on Windows is usually solved by verifying the game files through Steam… I personally dont use Linux to play games so i am not sure on the same process through Steam Linux but if its there please try that…

Obviously do the F patch update which is recently dropped, before validating…

Hopefully the same process works for Linux players.

Thank you for the reply.
I tried the newest patch and checked the integrity of the game files.
This did not fix the issue.

Ok.

I see from the player log that you are running 3440 x 1440 @ 60 Hz on a 2080 ti…

On windows LE has performance related instability that is made worse by using higher in-game graphics settings… I do not know if the same applies on Linux but it probably will…

Try this as a test. Set your settings temporariliy to 1080p, 60fps framerate limited (not vsync) with ALL in-game graphics settings to very low or disabled. Try whatever was causing the crashes before and see if its stable.

If it is, then Linux has the same problem and you have to dial back your settings to improve stability… For example, people with 3080s running 2560x1440 have found that the most stable configuration is around 120fps framerate, with a mix of mostly Medium settings - nothing on very high or Ultra. Enabling the framerate limit is very important as it prevents LE from maxing out the GPU on windows - this may be the same issue on linux…

If none of that works then there is something else going on… Not being a linux user I cannot personally recommend more that what I have already but if you search the forums you will see that there are a few other linux specific issues related to Mesa driver versions, Proton, Vulkan mode and even successfully running LE in a docker on other linux distros.

Ok, I do not know what changed, but I could complete The Corrupted Lake. I validated the game files again, so I think this helped?
This is strange, because before, validating the files did not help.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.