FPS limiting not working on Linux using Proton

Hi,

I am currently running the Latest Manjaro Linux with Nvidia Driver 550.90.07. J’m running Steam with Proton Experimental running.

When starting Last Epoch, even if I FPS Limit to 100FPS in in-game Menu, the Steam Overlay shows my game is running around 164FPS. The graphics card (Nvidia GTX 2070 SUPER) is going nuts on ~100% usage, 200W+ etc. No matter the in-game settings, setting it to LOW, MID, HIGH, i don’t notice the difference.

The only workaround I found out to work is to use the DXVK_FRAME_RATE=60 %command% in Steam launch option to set the max framerate to 60 FPS. Finally then, the fps really doesn’t go above 60fps.

And, I have this strange feeling, other graphics settings in-game don’t help either. As said, settting it to very low or medium, vsync off or on, nothing changes the Wattage or Temps on the graphics card.

Will this be supported/updated in the future for the Linux community, that enjoys LE too?

kind regards :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.