FPS drops whenever I am tranforming into reaper using Plague Bearer

As title is saying, whenever I am using Reaper Transform I get heavy FPS drops for like 3-5seconds down to around 15. It only happens when I use Plague Bearer as my weapon, before I started using it, I experienced no such FPS drops.
As it is a Performance issue those are my specs:
CPU:
AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor, 3400 MHz, 6 Kern(e), 12 logische(r) Prozessor(en)
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041
Motherboard:
B450 TOMAHAWK (MS-7C02)
GPU:
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 using Geforce game ready driver version 471.11(latest)
And 32GB of RAM

If you need anything more, feel free to ask.

I also uploaded a Video where you can see exactly what I mean.
Also, changing any graphic settings ingame does not reduce the FPS drops. The video starts with me having everything on Ultra.
I tried switching everything on very low until I maybe found something that could be the reason I get FPS drops, but even after switching everything to very low one by one, nothing changed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6o4BE8zetw

Hey.

Looks like you may have found some sort of bug with the interaction of the Plague staff and Reaper Transform… @KissingAiur and company may have to try and replicate this one…

Please can you post your skill tree so that they can compare…

Aside - dont use Vsync… use the framerate limiting option instead - your GPU will thank you if you keep this at something conservative and keeping your average GPU usage around 70% (instead of the usual maxed out). You will probably also notice much “smoother” fps spikes during play - even in known fps killer moments. Same is true for Very High & Ultra settings - they really are not worth it, even on a 3070 until the devs address the general performance issues.

Sure this is my skilltree. Changed a bit since I made the video but I still have those laggs.

and for reaper

1 Like

Can you show your graphic settings in game?

Im showing them in the video, but those are mine right now.
For me it doesn’t seem to matter what kind of graphic setting I use, I always get the FPS drops. I even reset my Nvidia control panel settings to default hoping it would fix it. Sadly it didnt’.

fps limited to 300,
60 background fps,
shadow quality:ultra
(didn’t want to post a 3rd picture just for those settings)

I cannot reproduce this on my end.

Does this happen every time you get into reaper form? Have you tried to log out and log back in and see if it still does this?

Yeah it happens everytime,it also happens when I turn from reaper back to human. Restarted the game several times, also restarted the computer.

Have you updated your graphic drivers? This seems like it could be hardware related.

Yes, I updated to the latest version after encountering the drops and it still persists.

Looks like Voidwing Nests also seem to cause some heavy lagg for me.
Here is a video of me running Ruined Shrine in Monolith, which is full of them.
The video seems not be showing the exact lagg I get, it’s not as bad as seen in the video, I just couldn’t manage to get it to properly record it lol. OBS somehow couldn’t manage to capture it correctly, probably since the fps was jumping so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=numVS2WlPMA

Something is going wrong on your system… a 3070 GPU should not be getting 11 fps in situations with barely any mobs on screen… grief… I get better fps on a 1060…

Looking again at your graphics settings I see you have actually not enabled the framerate limiting checkbox - its VERY important to do this as LE will max out the GPU usage in a heartbeat and this causes the most bizzare issues. Also… dont set it at 300 fps - thats just silly as this is not a first person shooter type game. set it to whatever your monitor can support or less (for testing dont set it more than 120fps for now).

Please can you also… out of interest stake and purely for testing, change all your in-game graphic quality settings to very low or disabled… Dont use the master setting at the top - manually change them all.

Also… again as a temporary test, please dont run any other apps while playing… There are instances of things causing issues like overlays (steam/nvidia) and even obscure items like citrix/teamviewer… so as a test, disable/dont run anything to see if they are affecting the game.

if you are willing, please also post your player.logs and dxdiag as these may have something that could explain this abysmal fps…

Also… I see you are on 19041… the newest are 42/3…

There was a problem in April with a pair of windows updates that nailed graphical performance in games down to the levels you are showing - maybe you still have these updates enabled? check for KB5001330 and KB5001337 on your system…

Newer windows updates will have automatically replaced them.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.