Exiting Reaper Form - Frame Rate Drop

Hello,

Everytime I exit Reaper Form I get heavy frame rate drops, down to single digits sometimes. This seems to get worse and worse the longer I play the game, like 5 hours in, it’s bad.

My build is: Lich, Level 78 (LE Beta 0.8.2i) - Last Epoch Build Planner

Graphic Settings - They are set to High Quality
le_graphicsmanager.ini (469 Bytes)

DxDiag:
DxDiag.txt (101.4 KB)

I’m running a GTX 1080, with performance settings set to max, power saving options set to performance.

I do notice my GPU hit 100% and the FPS drops on Reaper Form exit. I should also mention that I get some FPS drops when going INTO Reaper Form as well, but to a much lesser extent.

Exiting Reaper Form will FPS drop for a few seconds sometimes between 1-3 seconds. Going into Reaper Form is very short FPS drop, like half a second.

Hey.

There is a previous post about this exact thing - a player found that using the Plague bearer staff caused the problem… EHG was not able to replicated the problem and so its likely that it still exists.

@KissingAiur Maybe this second report of the same problem can help you guys try and find the cause of the bug?

@Mythridium Recommendation - enable framerate limiting - it makes the game much more stable and seems to counter general fps spikes - especially if you set this value to a realistic level that leaves your GPU with some processing headroom for busy in-game moments… No framerate limit lets LE max out your GPU - sometimes inexplicably. At the resolution you are running with your 1080, you need to be conservative in favour of stability.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, yes I am already limiting to 50 fps through Nvidia control panel and using half vsync in game to give that breathing room.

Seems like my exact case, I too am using Plaguebearer Staff.

Hopefully this additional case can help EHG investigate again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.