Forging range abit too high?

No need to be sorry for disagreeing. Its absolutely ok.

But also no need for hyperbole an prejudices.

:v::rainbow:

Pretty sure everyone complaining about the new system just want to slam upgrade on the affixes on the item and expect to get 6+ successes out of their FP. I have never had enough FP to do more than 5 upgrades including using the glyph.

It seems the new crafting system wants you to start with an item T14 at the least, with 4 affixes and 30+FP. If there are affixes you do not want, you are supposed to Chaos them, not remove them and put on the affix you want. Chaos add randomness but costs less FP compared to the alternative.

That defeats the point of having an item with 4 lower tier affixes but has the same potential on it as the 4 affix item that were many tiers higher. If the affixes are lower and you do random removing to try and get a better tier item you should have MUCH more potential but that’s simply not the case. Just a couple of points is effectively pointless with a 75% chance to always use potential even with glyphs.

So by your estimation there is only one path that we are to go down with no variance allowed? The whole point of crafting is about CHOICE. If i have no choice because the system is slanted too far in one direction that makes the system pointless. Furthermore why add MORE randomness to a system(crafting) that is designed to mitigate said randomness.

This game has always been since day one an ARPG built on the hunt for solid items to craft on as your best items. Now it’s just decided it’s going to be a straight up loot hunt that you MIGHT be able to tweak 1 or 2 affixes. Why even have such a robust loot filter? No real point unless the item is exactly what you are looking for on all affixes.

6 Likes

That goes 100% completely against the system we have been using since launch though. Crafting items has always been the backbone of gear. Now the script is flipped and we are essentially looking for mythical drops that match exactly what we are looking for. Crafting has essentially been turned into an augment system like every other generic ARPG out there.

7 Likes

This exactly. The way the new system is structured favors ‘get good items and then craft from there’ whereas previously it was ‘crafting is a way to not need to worry so much about good items at the start and then later on becomes a powerful tool for refining your gear’. The curve seems to have become heavily skewed.

I understand they wanted to mitigate over-use of magic and normal items over rare items, but like I said in my previous post, it’s become almost an ‘endgame’ sort of mechanic and that takes away a lot from the fun that it used to be. One of the reasons why the crafting system stood out for me before was because it wasn’t skewed as much toward high level stuff.

I think really the issue is that the narrative that crafting has been telling this whole time has been changed and while it may not be worse, it’s jarring to say the least.

3 Likes

Crafting has never been meant to take a junk item to BiS. Crafting has always been about trying to get a little more out of your drops.

If you think you should be able to pick up a white item and get it to T20 with whatever affixes you want, this isn’t the game for you.

2 Likes

If you didnt point this out, people here will still be arguing everything is fine and no tweaking needed because those of us having problems with new crafting changes are too dumb.

Bah, who am i kidding, some people just need to be right regardless if theres a bug or not

2 Likes

That has been posted in all of these threads multiple times. It isn’t going to stop people from complaining when its fixed because some people just want an item editor in the game so they don’t have to play the actual game.

1 Like

Why would anyone using one be complaining about crafting tbh…

But since you mention it, perhaps those with no issues are the ones with the editors, who knows behind closed doors…

Conspiracies…

1 Like

Calling those who disagree with your opinions cheaters is a great way to derail an otherwise constructive conversation. Let’s refrain from ad hominem attacks please.

6 Likes

Haha yea i apologise. Was just a thought…

I do find your post very constructive though.

And im glad hotfixes are coming for crafting because it seems the dev has acknowledged there are problems with the new crafting, and not because those having issues are too dumb to craft

2 Likes

One thing must be noted though: the new system has much greater ceiling when it comes to how far items can be improved. I am taking the new system every day, especially after the purples get fixed.

Now, it we make the uniques drop with a bit more legendary potential, that would be great. Zero should not be an option because these are auto sell now. And the most I have seen is one. BTW, why are set items not dropping with LP? That are quite bad anyways.

1 Like

Now, I get items with 12 to 22 crafting potential, with t1 or t2 stats, and as soon as I touch them, I’m out of crafting potential, without even having 4 affixes, even low tier. And I am using glyphs of hope.

That is pure confirmation bias here, sorry.

1 Like

The details that user gave showed it was confirmation bias. It doesn’t work this way in-game. We don’t have to waste time with false feedbacks due to poor understanding of what is going on.

On a more serious side, i’ve been experimenting a lot the new system, and yes, it needs imo a bit of tuning to work around white/magic items, there’s no real justification of having vendor NPC right now, they’re mostly useless compared to any kind of quick farm and while the new system clearly helps to reach better high end stuff, it did kinda ruin low level/league start gear.

This is the first version where the first thing i do when creating a new traveller is to set a well designed custom loot filter, before 8.4 i was mostly ignoring it before lvl 40 or 60, depending of class/build and their needs, now it’s almost mandatory at creation in solo mode.

We NEED to quickly stack decent rares, and for that we need the loot filter, but i guess a bit of air could help a lot more casual players struggling with the new system and used to waste a ton of currencies on white gear/white gear +1.

People seem to see the “exalteds drop with lower than intended FP” as a proof of their arguments. But most examples are “I have an item with 22 FP and 2 Affixes and can’t craft t15 on it”.

The new system ties your potential to craft decent items to item rarity and item level. The better the rarity the more FP. Same for item level. Rare items on lvl 70 have more FP than rates on lvl 30. You don’t find rares with 30 FP on lvl 20.

That’s a very clever mechanic as it supports the character progression reaching much further into higher levels in endgame.

The deeper you go into monos, the more really good crafting bases you get.

I’ve crafted 4x t21 exalteds on a single play session yesterday on a lvl 85 Rogue in non empowered timelines. They are all for use. I’ve also crafted some exalteds for legendary crafting later. I’m getting better gear during the short time since patch than in about 150h of gameplay before. And this all despite exalteds currently drop with lower potential than intended.

Again: Don’t craft on 22 FP blues and expect to get the OP carry item!

The new system also isn’t going agains casual gameplay and only towards nolifers like some people try to pretend. This isn’t true.

People that say they have had better endgame gear crafting results with the previous system seem to play a different game than me.

There are thousands of people out there that are really happy with the new system - for a reason. I’m not saying it’s perfectly tweaked. But it’s already working great if you are able to use it as intended.

Move forward guys. The new crafting is there. Use it, let others help you. Be open for new strategies. If you do this we talk very differently about all this in a few weeks.

Cheers
:v:

3 Likes

Well right there I think you are wrong. The further your progression went the harder it gets to make a good item. If you have choosen your base items you mostly can’t simply use another base withouth rerolling more items.

A patch ago you could use the gambler to rotate item bases arround and look if there was an outcome you’d like. Right now you need to wait for decent drops for other item slots. If you are unlucky like me and almost “wasted” ~400h to get 2 toons to endgame farming gear that isn’t even that greate the new system removed the bad luck savety of the gambler where I was able to spent the gold I farmed to hunt for certain bases and affixes.

On top of it I think the new crafting system will be as it is because it is what the devs want even when it has the same “FML!” moments then the old system and from my point of view even more.

I think casuals will have a hell of a time because eraly and midgame crafting is crap.

1 Like

I’m sad to read stuff like this. Because it is not true. It’s not OP cheesing anymore. It’s more balanced now. Its decent and not even slightly “crap”.

Despite being a CT or writing a ton of posts on the forum, I am a casual player. I’m playing 1-2 hours a day on about 5-6 days. My playtime is pending between 5-12h per week.

2 Likes

I know it’s off topic, but I’m genuinely curious as to how that is possible unless you spent ~70-80% of that time chatting in town. 200 hours (per character) at 1 hour per day is over 28 weeks! That’s over half a year! Per character!

3 Likes

Compare wht was there before to what we have now. high end crafts are potentially far better yes but who cares about it if you look at it from a casual point? If you don’t have the means to make gear that compensates your lack of knowledge people will get frustrated, frustrated people will write even more “Game to hard nerf X!” threads.
I’d rather have the system the other way arround… easy to achive t12 items mid game (50ish) rather then “Oh look my lvl 86 toon has a brand new items that is BiS and not needed for any content in the game wohoo!”.
My spriggan went into monolith and I thought it was a good time to equip boots and gloves because I don’t care and know my way arround. Other people won’t be in that place. I don’t talk about the propably 33% of people who have stweam achivements you could call endgame, I talk about those who’ll be frustrated because boss X in chapter 2 is a roadblock they don’t want to face again and die again because they don’t get what is wrong.

And again… at the end of the day everything is Rng.

1 Like

Rather the opposite, it’s a massive improvement which makes the raw drops even more valuable imo.
It’s actually pretty ridiculous how easily i’ve been making insanely good items working with rare bases, glyphs of hope + chaos.

Apparently there are some bugs with Exalteds dropping with too low FP so far, but below that, it’s working great. Find a rare of the type you want with 2ish mods you want and decent FP → jackpot. Unlike with the fracture system, when you could never know whether a drop would pay off, you now have a very good idea. A massive improvement in my book.

4 Likes