FoE's Elemental Nova 0.8

• Update. Upon closer look of the tree i had 1 mistake there. Moved 2 points from scholar to Arcanist

It is beautiful. :heart:

1 Like

I assume this also applies to shock novas that proc on distant crits? Thanks!

From quick 10 minute test - Spark nova does seem to scale from int.

According to Spark Charge Ailment

It does scale with Intelligence, at +4% inc damage per point.

1 Like

Even so 7% ele damage beats 4% inc damage from int

Oh yeah absolutely, I just wanted to clear it up so there wouldnā€™t be misinformation going around is all!

1 Like

Which idols were you using?

I thought that for double lightning idols FOE referred to 2 slots [Stout Lagonian Idol] with lightning damage /minion lightning damage. :sweat_smile:

lightning blast still stronger then fireball.

It seemed to me that LB can be made to do aoe or single target. It seemed to me that LB canā€™t do both as good as fireball can do both. Iā€™m not playing FB currently so will not stand by anything I say unless I test it. But it seemed that wayā€¦ :slight_smile:

This current LB build has crazy single target and crazy aoe. But gearing it will be a tough job.

For reference of others using this build Iā€™m using the double damage idols no aegis idols and am maxing out if Iā€™m lucky at 40k crits. But the stars must align.

ahh I just scale fast hits, and cast speed. 10 max rolled items. 8 bone idols, viper tail belt, and plague bearer staff doing 100k ticks, combined with arcane ascendancy, and ice barrage. eventually I will throw in more crit+shock/pen to push it more, later, so I can make more use of spark nova scaling from the sorc tree to see how it scales on top side with more dps. but I tested fireball a bit, and without even more gearing couldnā€™t come close to single target of lightning blast, but perhaps I have a lot more testing to do once I get back around to that build (have many others iā€™m working on.)

Never tested fireball on the dummy lol Youā€™d think that would be a good place to start. Does the dummy count each fireball as one or does it take into account each fireball separately with each attack? If they are separate then this could be a reason for having really low damage.

My recollection of fireball - and this is only from playing it - is that it has good clear and good single target at the same time. I was using FOEā€™s build pathing through the skill. The way I initially pathed the skill was record breaking in its stupidity. No pierce. No homing.

ohh the reason fireball is lower dps is because it has no procs on procs working for it. so it has much lower burst damage. right now I did a test with fireball each fireball hit counts and stacks up, but the resistance shred built in isnā€™t enough to even come a fourth of lightning blasts damage from all the additional lightning blast convergence procs stacking up from those multiple skill tree sources on single target. itā€™s basically fireball by itself+scaling verses lightning blast+ascendancy+static lightning blast convergence procs.

I am just trying to gear this build and noticed the slow chance on the weapon.
Are you sure you didnā€™t mean ā€œChill on Hitā€?

As far as I see it you wanted to further get Shattershock Damage from Chill, but isnā€™t Slow another Ailment?
Or did you have another reason for this?

The weapon is correct it is indeed slow. The reason for this is that you are getting chill from Whirling snow passive therefore the slow on the weapon is more valuable than the chill. Your LB will hit so fast the 35% is more than enough

1 Like

Iā€™m excited to try this build out, thanks for the guide.

1 Like

What do you think about invokers lightning rings? (static touch ones).

They do bring good DPS. In monolith you might get away with it but in arena you lose too much so the rings arenā€™t worth it.

Decided to switch come back to LE and man this game has improved so much. I just have a question regarding crafting, would the focus on jewellery be to get the elemental and necrotic resistance to t5 then worry about dodge and crit avoidance? Overall, loving the build, HP is low but killing everything so quickly I donā€™t really worry too much. Thanks for the build :smiley: