Firebrand's Brand of Arcanus Node not working

Brand of Arcanus should convert the melee fire damage added by Firebrand stacks to spell damage, but doesn’t seem to do so.

According to this topic (FireBrand - Galvanize and Brand of Arcanus) Brand of Arcanus is not compatible with Galvanize, which I have also specced into, but neither node mentions that their combination does not work.

So maybe either the tooltip for Brand of Arcanus needs an update or the node is not working as intended?

Just adding a confirmation to this one. Spell damage should increase the damage done by fire aura (which has the spell tag). Neither the tooltip, nor the damage numbers to mobs on screen are affected when I have stacks of Firebrand with the Brand of Arcanus node active.

Edit: Just confirmed by removing the Brand of Arcanus node that fire(lightning) aura damage is the same as when it was active. The conversion of fire melee damage to lightning melee damage works as intended, if the Galvanize node is active. The aura is the only spell in my build, will test further with a spell on the bar once I can take the node again.

yes. this skill point is not working
i have try on dummy.
when i have 9 stack all spell damage is the same with 0 stack

@Kallick I can save you the trouble of having to check other skills. I am only running spells next to firebrand and none benefit from the damage increase the fire brand stacks.

@Moon_Lose Are you also running Galvanize (lightning conversion)?

Having the same problem.
I’ve tested it a bit on dummies and with both Galvanize and Brand of Arcanus allocated, it just gives melee lightning damage and not spell damage.

Luckily the work around for now is just not taking Galvanize, since Brand of Arcanus gives global spell damage, hope this helps.

Cheeky upvote, having the same problem here. Unfortunately just not taking Galvanize isn’t a viable option for me, my build is using Electrostatic as well and I was hoping to take advantage of the Galvanize + Brand of Arcanus interaction to buff Static/DIscharge since it has 250% added damage effectiveness. Any word on this getting fixed?

Same thing here. Hoping for some dev acknowledgement on this one.

I also encountered the same issue, using both Galvanize and Brand of Arcanus seems to convert the melee fire damage to melee lightning damage, but does not convert the melee lightning damage to spell lightning damage.
Please fix the interaction between these two nodes to allow us to spec into spell lightning.

Edit: It seems that Brand of Arcanus grants “generic” spell damage on its own, so lightning conversion is not necessary for this specific node. That means that while using it you apparently cannot convert the firebrand itself, or else you stop benefiting from BoA.

Was that the intended behavior ? If so it should be specified somewhere.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.