Feedback on Moderation Policies and Actions

A lot of allegedly native English speakers don’t know that difference. Or your/you’re. It’s depressing.

1 Like

Yeah, I know. My brother in law is a kiwi and I see in his posts that he keeps getting those wrong.

To be fair, I do believe it’s because most people don’t read books and their visual source of spelling is the internet. So it’s a snowball thing. You see it being used wrong but think it’s right, so you do the same thing and other people see that and keep replicating it.
Also, some people don’t really care.

Also, to be fair, sometimes that is how languages evolve. That’s why color/colour is a thing in “american english”/“uk english”. And many other spelling variations.

1 Like

I read watch and speak english stuff without any issues. I have problems writing my native language as well so I’m okay with it. Then again I remember my school and working days that used more english then my native language and everything was a non issue. I just had no practice for a lot of time and writing isn’t my strong suite anyway ^^.

Yeah then I’m fubar ^^. Afantasia says no to visual memory and imagination ^^.

I don’t know if there is an english lecture about the seit/seid issue in the german language anywhere but this drives me nutz every time ^^.

3 Likes

I also have Aphantasia (yes, that is the correct spelling :laughing:) but it doesn’t affect this. When you see a word written in a certain way enough times, it becomes a sort of “muscle memory”. Even if you can’t willingly picture it.
And this is also true for bad spellings. So being selective in what you read helps.

1 Like

Nah, I think that’s just because you’re German not because you have Aphantasia.

Practice & constructive feedback helps. My manager is Indian & generally his spoken & written English is excellent, but there are a few things that he’s likely translating literally into English rather than using the English equivalent, though for the life of me I can’t think of any at the moment.

2 Likes

No you’re not.

What you’re strict about is removal of comments and locking threads that criticise LE, while ignoring everyone’s else blatant attack towards players that do criticize the game, and preventing them to share anything without being constantly attacked and harassed and told how wrong they are, meanwhile there are myriad of threads of people praising LE, and not 1 dissenting player has went there to tell them how wrong they are for thinking like that.

Exibit A: Where players are pointing out their opinions, and tons of others telling them how wrong they are for expressing their opinions.
https://forum.lastepoch.com/t/its-your-own-fault-for-gamers-leaving-the-game/71151/171

Staff locked my account for a whole week for making 3 comments that had not 1 insulting remark towards anyone. The reason was of provocative content while defending my opinions. How does one post provocative content if they’re defend their opinions? Are provocative opinions illegal here? If any?

At most I made 1 comment where I implied a person made a dumb reply, and it was in regards to what they typed, I didn’t call them dumb. We’re all dumb about certain things in certain isolated moments. Nobody is perfect.

Exibit B: People praising what they like about LE, and not 1 comment telling them they’re wrong.

These examples are abundant on the forum. You allow players to gaslight others, but I guess it’s perfectly fine when they’re on the side of “the game is perfect”.
Every dissenting opinion is met with the same aggressive “no, you’re wrong” comments which get more and more provocative, and nobody is doing anything about it.
If you value criticism this wouldn’t be the case.

I emailed other EHG staff about my wrongful mute, with examples, and the reasons and every comment I made, and 1 full week later, nobody has yet to reply to it. I was singled out, branded as the aggressor for defending my opinion, meanwhile everyone else who were free to tell me how wrong I am and prevented me and everyone else in that thread express their opinions freely without being called out about how wrong they are as if everyone praising the game is an authority of what a good game is supposed to be.

There has not been a reply to my email and request for other staff other than the one who wrongfully muted me to review my case, and nobody replied because frankly, you don’t really care…

So I removed the game from my library. You wouldn’t even delete my forum account. I sent the request several times. And now, when I see blatant bs like this, I had to buy it again just to post here.

TLDR: You only care about moderating the criticisms, and nothing else while turning a blind eye to everyone that harasses the people that express them.
Time to refund. Bye~

Edit to clarify:
You have been silenced from the forum until June 1, 2024, 2:43am.

Reason - Too combative

Hello SpoonedKiwi,

Your forum account has been suspended until 05/31/2024 for instigating, player harassment, and trolling. Please read up on our code of conduct here: https://lastepoch.com/code-of-conduct#harassing-defamatory to prevent future infractions.

Regards,

EHG_Kain

Instigating, player harassment, and trolling. Okay sure.
I’d like to challenge anyone to point out where in the code of conduct is “too combative” a reason to mute someone, review the locked thread, and point out where I have broken the code of conduct.

It’s also interesting that it’s the same moderator in question.

So I was bored and I read through the whole thread. While i get the point you made there. i understand everyone who read what you wrote in a manner where the code of conduct was violated.

Oh on top of that I had a lot of healthy discussions about droprates and whatnot with members of this coomunity. As well as I bluntly said that the game offers no meaningfull content and whatnot. Guess what i was never moderated for this. The only time i was moderated was my own fault because I missed an important part in the CoC ^^.

Well see you next time when you buy the game to write soething and then refunding it I guess.

2 Likes

Go to specific instances and compare them to the CoC.

The instigators in that thread is everyone who is raising the frustration of the players who are posting their issues with the game by telling them how wrong they are for thinking that way. Nobody here is free to post their opinions without being in one way or another called on it for being wrong. When the opinion is completely subjective to that person.

Any comment about the email that I haven’t had a reply on for over a week? My request for someone else to review the case?

EHG does not want to do moderation appeals in public, but apparently you want it to be public.

Unfortunately I think that doesn’t really help your case.
I only interacted with you a couple of times previously but from those few interactions I can already say that the moderation action were very likely valid.
I don’t know which comments exactly caused the moderation, probably some posts have been deleted or edited already.

But it is not about what you criticize, but the way how you do it and how you interact with people disagreeing with you.
You are throwing around the f word, other insults and accuse people of gaslightning. (I still think you have no idea what gaslightning actually is)

I wouldn’t call you a troll or doing trolling, but inflammatory, instigating or harassment? Yes I would agree with those.

6 Likes

There’s a difference of disagreeing and telling people are wrong for feeling certain way when that feeling is completely subjective to that one person.

It’s a word. It expresses urgency or it gives the context a tone of frustration. I never directed it to anyone. And I’d like to see the insults. If the f word was a problem it would’ve been filtered.

As for gaslighting, well, I disagree. Words evolve over time. Just like any other word that has more meanings, it’s all about the context in which its said.

Any comment on the no reply to my request to be reviewed by another person?

Also, again, point to instances. Because I have no idea what you consider to be inflammatory, instigating or harassing. You can be triggered over the 2nd definition of the word gaslighting like that other person was. I don’t know you.

Yes, words evolve over time. Just like gay used to mean being happy and now it identifies a group of people (often in a derrogatory way), gaslighting used to mean something but now just means someone that is abusive in a relationship and manipulates the other person into believing it’s their fault.

Context doesn’t matter for this. If you talk about gaslighting, this is what everyone interprets. Just like, if you call someone gay, no context will save you from the current meaning it has.
This is not to even go into the N word territory.
It’s not a context issue, it’s a “this is what the word means now” issue.

1 Like

Untrue. You don’t have to be in a relationship to gaslight someone.

To connect on my initial point. Read my first reply, and then all the replies that followed it.
People are just unable to freely post their opinions or criticism here without being instantly jumped on by unrelated parties to the topic.
Exibit C:
All the replies after my initial post in this thread.

Nobody said that you are “wrong”. Most people just tried to convey to you, that what you think as black and white /good/bad game design is a little bit more complex and there is a gray area in between.
Also what you think is bad someone else might find good.

I agree that words and language evolve over time, but that happens on a cultural/community level, not based on one person using that term differently.
What you refer to as gas lightning is simply other people expressing opposite opinions on certain subjects.

1 Like

Other people in the community are not “unrelated parties” and there is nothing EHG can or should do about that, as long as everything goes according to the CoC.

If you don’t like discourse on your statements or opinions just mute the thread after creating it.

This is a public game forum and there will always be more parties involved than just the person stating an opinion and the devs.

1 Like

In an ideal world this would be the case.
Except, you don’t see people disagreeing inside threads that praise LE, because it’s not our place to tell someone they’re wrong for liking the game.

No they are not. I talk with them all the time because I’ve different oppinions then some of them or most of the “core” LE forum users you see arround. Yet noone was a problem, insulting, gaslighting or harassing. When I look back into the trade discussions back in the day things went ugly pretty fast but still people had a discussion.

All I read in the other other thread is a person who had issues with opposing oppinions in kind of an unfriendly manor calling other people whatever buzzwords. To me personaly this has entertainment value for others it’s just unessesary crap they don’t want to be bothered with because it offers no value or meaningfull information because it’s a biased oppinionpiece.
Everyone looks at this differently and if EHG mods take their CoC literly without looking at it from case to case a lot of people, me included, should’ve had a ban already and more then once ^^.

What I dislike about the message i got when I did an oopsie was the missing information how to appeal the descission that was made. On top of it the person who gave me a slap on the wrist didn’t even answered when i asked what i did wrong. I finaly learned about it 2 days ago when the problem happened 1y + ago :smiley: .

First that is not true, even within threads that were overall positive about the game there is a lot of disagreement.
Even me, as a very positive member of the community about the game and EHG often likes to be confrontive about certain things that people post positive here on the forum.

Also I think this comes down to what types of people go to game forums to post certain things.
I would argue that people having to say overall negative stuff about the game would be less likely to go to a thread that overall is positive and instead choose to create their own thead or jump onboard with some clickbait-y/provocative thread title.

You must be new to this forum. There are plenty of threads in the past where people tried to praise EHG and there were a bunch of negative comments there. As is natural.
If you’re saying “This is bad” there will be people that disagree and will join the discussion. If you’re saying “This is good” there will be people that disagree and will join the discussion.

If only people that agree with a thread interact with it, then it’s no longer a discussion forum, it’s an echo box.

3 Likes

Been there done that.