Falcon Fists

I’ve been trying to live out the fantasy of being captain falcon but was curious to see if anyone else is having trouble with consistent dps or if not, what kinds of builds you all are doing incorporating the Falcon Fists Unique.

I have made an entire build around it, but i didnt find them yet. Not planning to share it unless i test it myself, but in planners it looks GOOD

Could you share your a link to your planner please? I’m trying to cook something up with a rogue fire build so I’m curious what you have figured out! ^^

I just put this together: Falconer, level 100 (Release / 1.0) - Last Epoch Build Planner

I don’t bother putting in gear/idols as you never know what will drop and I use planners mainly for skills/passives. This could probably be improved but the concept is

1. open by throwing explosive traps towards the group.
  2. Call in a Falcon Strike
  3. shift in, hopefully getting some acid flask procs for fire damage and fire res Shred.
  4. falcon punch your way to victory.
  5. use explosive traps and falcon strikes on CD, shift for safety.

Basically, I wanted an explosive brawler and the fact that the falcon will passively throw flasks, the traps can trigger new traps + flasks, your attacks can attach traps which can trigger new traps + flasks, and when you shift you have a chance to drop flasks from where you started and arrive.

Seems like it will be a lot of fun on paper, again passives and skill trees could probably be fine tuned (passives definitely).

Edit: i toyed around with Decoy and Smoke Bomb as well, as the only requirements for Falcon Fists is Cinder Strike + Falconry. It has potential with the decoys exploding when smoke bomb ends, and smoke bomb ending when you leave, but it didn’t seem to have the consistency of the one I ended up with. I’m sure someone much smarter than me can put something together with those skills though.

1 Like

later, after i find them and test them, i have 2 builds in mind

For the Falcon Punch memes: Falcon Exploding Punch Build
Gameplay loop:

1. Shift in and drop smoke for buffs.
  2. Punch stuff and attach traps that go boom and make more traps that go boom. Zoom away!
  3. Falcon big groups or things at range.
  4. It’s like boxing. Stick and Move.

Idols: Besides ambition, probably just life idols.
Erased shield: If you have plenty of gold and a lightless arbor key, you can run this at 20 and potentially get 4 or so shields to level. Otherwise, just craft away. I believe quivers can also be used, but haven’t tried.
Relic: Can always go with Gambits or try a Kelthan Blasting Agent with LP.

Enjoy :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tested it out with 22 Falconry Level.

Damage was less then what my falcon does on auto procs…
Plus falcon skills lost damage duo lack of +dps stuff from weapons.

Very sad that it doesn’t seem worth it. Atm i just have the gloves on for the extra Falconry level boost. As i dont have a better glove atm.

1 Like

That’s disappointing. Stupid question, but did you make sure you had no weapons equipped? I’m sure you did, but I’m used to people calling me about having black screens and they never bothered to check if the TV was plugged in.

So, im currently messing around with these gloves, and my falconry is level 27. i dont think the glvoes are working. with how the text reads, that should be 432 flat melee damage with my max roll gloves. But it seems it isnt actually a flat value you can scale…i think it just adds that number to your hit damage. example: at falconry level 20 your cinder strike hit for 100 damage, at level 21 it would hit for 116 damage. But, nothing scales the value…making these worthless lmao

also, that would be 108% area to the cinder explosion, and its def not doing that

Just test the cinder strike aoe with and without the gloves, they arent doing anything lmao ok, added levels do nothing, whatever scaling it does with melee damage and area only happen with the default levels, 1-20. everything added doesnt matter. so all levels after 20 dont do anything asside from give you a point

yeah, that would make sense lmao.
i put together a build and playtested it and the amount of damage you should do should at least have you doing okay in 50 corruption monos but I pretty much have to fight for my life to kill the mono boss.

I conducted a few tests for myself and notice a few things

1. the area does apply but cinder strike by default already has such pathetic AOE that it just doesn’t look impressive
  2. the damage does apply however it feels like the impressive amount of flat damage that would send any other skill to a different level just does not pan out for the skill in question.
  3. A lot of DPS concerns for me at least seem to come from the strange way that cinder strike interprets Increased Attack Speed, it seems to lose speed through the flip animation the character does for the first strike. it interrupts the flow and causes you to lose out on a bit of the DPS.

in conclusion I think that the Item may have issues relating to the skill points past 20 on falconry but the item for the most part does do what it says it does however I think the problem lies with the skill itself.

I am curious to see if anyone has any counterpoints or supporting details to add that may provoke further discussion on the skill.

do you recall what your damage numbers were when you were playing?

with Falconry at twenty and no gear at all including gloves it would be around 450 and with just the gloves and falconry 24 it would hit around 2.5 to 4k on big hits

the tests weren’t super in depth but enough to reasonably assume that the item works

ive got a weird setup going currently, stacking dodge and dexterity. im level 71 and my big crits hit for like 40k…running cinder strike with no 2nd or 3rd attack, just the big explosion. gear isnt optomized yet.

It is sad that the skill don’t scale well with all that flat damage and area that the gloves are suposed to give (with level 27+ falconry it is a lot). I was saving a lot of equipment to reroll and try a Cinder Strike build, but from what all you are saying maybe isn’t worth it.

Maybe with the skill node Overextension with the big explosion scale better as ProvokeChaos says, or maybe the gloves are bugged atm or don’t work correctly.

Playing ur build, love it bro, super fun super fast tanky too!

1 Like

Im lvl 72 on my falconer (EU, couldnt play most of the time) and I still didnt find these gloves. Im even using runes of ascendence on gloves (as CoS even) and taking only unique gloves prophecies and nothing. After reading all this i think ill just give up on it

RNG can beat us on the head a lot sometimes. Good luck finding them.