Falcon Fists

Do you still count as unarmed when you have a Shield equipped?

1 Like

Yes, you are still unarmed, i suposed that you could fill the lack of weapon affixes with all the flat damage you get from gloves but it don’t seems so.

Yup. Hawok covered it. There’s a lot of tricky gearing because you don’t have a weapon for the additional stats. Gotta try and cram as much as you can onto your other items. CDR, crit chance, etc. DPS is probably the biggest issue with this build since we’re unarmed.

I should have probably put a big disclaimer on my build that’s it’s basically just theory crafting and ideal setup. I honestly don’t think it will have the dps to push high corruption. Just a fun build for leveling, early monoliths/low corruption and some speed farming. :upside_down_face:

im still messing around with it, but the problem is 2 things…only level 20 falconry counts, every level after doesnt do anything. and the flat melee you get from the gloves only scales with increased melee damage…not fire or phys or anything else…except dexterity. and rogue can only get increased melee on like idols i think. 8 points of dexterity gives more damage than 32% increased fire damage…if the gloves gave flat fire melee damage…these gloves would be broken.

The damage of Cinder Strike down right suck. All that flat damage feel like they go down a massive drain.
Basic gameplay is like this:
You gather mob in one big group then use Falcon Strike on the group to get massive flat damage add to Cinder Strike then you clear the remaining monster with cinder strike.
Still, even with a massive group of mobs, the highest I’ve ever archeived was around 35-40k tooltip damage of the first strike which is…not very good consider it’s slow, conditional, temporary and has very low crit(due to unarmed build).
On boss you abuse stacking smoke bomb with dive bomb extend duration and relies on your falcon damage pretty much. If 90% of the damage come from falcon what’s the point of unarmed build? Also being unarmed also mean you get severe penalty to other skills. I also tried the explosive trap sticking to mob and the damage is not worth dive bomb/smoke bomb combo.

Just got it. Traps drop from 2300 to 400, So useless in general. They should allow ranged weapons or its prety useles to me.

I’m trying out a version of the build that focuses more on Cinder Strikes and uses the Falcon, Acid Flask, Explosive Trap to support Cinder Strike.

I’m going for a lot of sustain from Attack Speed, Life on Hit, and Mana on hit. For damage, I’m going Crit/Crit Multi/% Fire damage.

in Cinder Strikes you can spec into a huge 150% crit multi on 1st strike against ““blind”” enemies (blind is converted to crit vulnerability, netting a total of +10% base crit chance against the target. Acid Flask spec’d into Fire, and the ability to blind. Shift also drops acid flasks at start/end location. Melee attacks attach explosive bombs which detonate into more acid flasks. The evasion cloud (forgot skill name) can be used to also apply blind to nearby enemies: blind=crit vuln, great for bosses.

Acid Flasks shred armor → fire res, so we are consistently at cap (10 stacks) of fire res shred.

Falcon drops buffs for me and marks to increase damage dealt.

We’re aiming for moderate hits and big crits from 1st cinder hit, with moderate chip damage from falcon.

Playstyle is: Dash in, falcon attack, start punching. Spam Falcon to maintain chip damage.

For defensives we are glancing blows capped from passive tree + shield, silver shroud, dusk shroud, crit avoidance (95% from 30% on 2 pieces of armor, 35% from tree), and lots of life gain on hit to sustain the little hits. Dodge focus to help tunnel vision on boss. Most resists come from idols to fill in where we can.

I’m only level 58 and using very budget SSF gear, will update as I progress this character!

As a full-time PoE Hollow Palm Ice Crash gamer, I will look into this build once I get my hands on the gloves and see if I can live out my unarmed build shenanigans

Man I wish we could just port One with Nothing from them lol

It feels very similar to Hollow Palm Ice Crash, but you have to weave 1-2 additional spells (instant cast, doesn’t interrupt your cinder strike attacks) in for increased damage.

I’ve reworked my build (level ~70 atm) and am having no issues clearing or surviving by facetanking. Crit based Cinder Strike + Falcon Pet. When I get to 80 or 90 and all skills where I want them to be, I’ll write a guide up for it as a starting point for you to help optimize it!

General premise is spam Cinder Strike on boss, and spam Dive Bomb / Falcon Strikes on CD. Tons of Life on hit / Mana on hit, and a shitload of debuffs (fire res shred, frailty, crit vuln, blind, a few more) and a few buffs (crit chance, crit multi, fire dmg).

The gloves are interesting because you gain +Flat melee dmg for each enemy your falcon hit recently, so you want to optimize falcon attacks per second to increase Cinder Strike dmg.

2 Likes

thanks I’m looking forward to the guide once I get around to finishing this build up as my temp farmer and workhorse

I’m not sure how the damage scales up against other builds, but so far I’m level 71 doing level 80 zones fairly easily. Working on increasing map mobility in the next nodes with movespeed, and testing a few modifiers like life regen rate for sustain. Will report back!

1 Like

I’m seeing a lot of people focusing on cinder strikes for damage with these gloves, but I took a different approach with my main damage coming from falcon strikes - avian arsenal. I kept cinder strikes a 0 cost skill along with the attack speed and mana gain nodes. For falcon strikes, take every node at the top starting at avian arsenal and going right, but don’t take razor wings. No flask stuff either.

For combat, engage with your mobility skill. Use falcon strikes to start off the fight, then attack with cinder strikes to activate falcons mark to instantly reset the falcon strike’s cooldown. Spam cinder strikes constantly for mana gain from passive and skill node. Don’t hold down falcon strikes as this will waste mana. Instead, press Falcon strikes and wait for the birds to stop attacking, then press it again. Falcon strikes last a while because of the blood dance node, and this will boost your melee damage increase for cinder strikes by a lot. You will regain mana in the time it takes for all the Falcon strikes to go off as long as you’re hitting with cinder strikes.

For your other specialized skills, add smoke bomb and dive bomb shenanigans.

You have a choice for mobility skill, smoke bomb or aerial assualt. Personally I like to use smoke bomb as my traversal skill, since it doesn’t have a limit to how for you can travel and the cd gets halved. This opens up a fifth skill specialization flex spot. I go with explosive trap stuff for buffing cinder strikes but you can go whatever you want. If you want to use aerial assault as your traversal skill instead of smoke bomb, it will be your fight skill specialization, but its nodes are weak and using it during a fight messes up your rotation, hurting it more than helping it.

Note: if you do go explosive trap as your fifth skill, do not be tempted to go ballistas and flasks, as it will mess up your falcon strikes’ avian arsenal skill node interaction. We want our falcon to scale with melee damage, not throwing or bow damage.

Anyone tried using it as one-punch cinder strike? My idea was to spec into overexertion + coated blades for an 80% more multiplier(70 mana cost) and then use a 0 cost throwing attack (shurikens or acid flask) with sapping strikes to generate mana (maybe supported by flat throwing dmg on rest of gear).