Extreme FPS drops during combat only

New-ish player here, just getting into level 65 monoliths and arenas. This issue seems to be getting worse as I get into maps that have more mob density, and I guess more spells flashing on the screen.

CPU: i7-8700K (no OC)

GPU: GTX 2080 Super

RAM: 16GB

Resolution: 3400x1440

Graphics Settings (Mostly Low):

Vsync On
Medium Shadows
AA Off
Grass Off
Reflections: Very Low
Ambient Occlusion: Low
Volumetric Lighting: Low
Screen Space Reflections: Very Low
Terrain Quality: High

I generally have 55-60fps in game. Last arena I just did in a ruined era map? 7fps. Basically unplayable. As soon as the combat was done, it jumped back to 60fps. CPU usage was medium the entire time too.

Is there anything I can do to help this? Or perhaps any other settings I can change? Unfortunately, this game is becoming unplayable for me in this state.

le_graphicsmanager.ini (491 Bytes)
DxDiag.txt (115.3 KB)

Okay, it looks like I have to restart periodically to fix my framerate issues.

1. Solid 60 fps staring at the black hole background on The Black Sun platform in monolith area.
  2. Did 3 echos
  3. 54 fps back on the Black Sun platform.
  4. Restart game
  5. 60 fps again on the Black Sun platform.

There must be a memory leak somewhere.

Hey…

Sounds like you are running foul of the known performance issues in the game… You are running at a very high (and abnormal ultrawide) res so everything you are experiencing is unfortunately “normal” even with your settings on low/very low or off…

I am not sure about the loss of framerate after playing for a length of time… I can play for many hours and do not notice any degrading… back in town my framerate always resets back to whatever I have it limited to (*yes you should limit it - at least to your screen capability - vsync etc)… I play at 1080p 40-60fps for normal play everything on low/very low… dropping down to maybe 20fps in one of the known fps killer moments (skill splashing all over the screen, lots of mobs/minions etc…) It virtually never gets to less than that unless I am trying to overwhelm the game with a massive mob pull and wipe using hundreds of vk devouring orbs or something…

My memory usage stay a consistent 10-12gb no matter how long I have played… It jumps up and down… seldom stays near 12gb for long… average is close to 10gb usage.

A key point to make here is that LE is in EA and has performance issues so even if you have a system that should be able to play everything on Ultra in high res, its not always the best thing to do unless you are specifically testing performance. Worst case scenario you lose some eye candy but gain stability & smoother more enjoyable gameplay and your system will stop trying to melt itself.

Once they get to improving the performance/optimisation then it will make more sense to bump up the features… for now, for me at least, it doesnt make sense.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.