Entangling Roots - Skill Rework

They are quite different, but will have things that interact between them.

2 Likes

Sees all the buffs to totem builds that Entangling Roots can give shamans who are built around totems, then sees it’s mastery locked with these changes :cry:

2 Likes

Loving the look of this. So many things to try out.

Since we’re also updating the Druid passive tree, it’s very possible that there will be more minion or even totem nodes on there.

2 Likes

Will Shaman’s be getting more to strengthen their stance as totem masters? Or are totems becoming more of a primalist centric thing rather than a shaman centric thing?

Are totems and vines going to be able to MOVE in 8.4?!

Shaman won’t be the focus this patch, but we will very likely buff totems in general.

4 Likes

I’ve PM’d the typos…
cough

Looks much nicer than the current version, but I agree with Zaodon that the mana cost seems too high on paper.

1 Like

Druid does end up with a ton of mana late game. I do agree it should start lower though with the changes.

I’m sure there will be some mana cost reduction nodes.

Yeah, it depends how it plays.

Cold shred :thinking: interesting… not something very prominent but I would like to see more of…

I love to read the reasons behind the new way it’s done. Thanks for sharing this!
The result looks awesome, I have Druids ready to play it

2 Likes

Hopefully it just doesn’t just change the mana gain to Rage gain :sweat_smile:

Looks great!

Are there also plans to change the behaviour of enemies with movement skills affected by cc effects?

In the little Overgrown Garden clip we see one Wengari Rider ignore the immobilize effect and charge to the player. That happens with skills like Black Hole, too, and is kind of frustrating.

When such an effect is your life saver in arena it takes away its usefulness when enemies with charge abilities can ignore it.

This was my first thought, too. :grin:

1 Like

they probably will since I know my belt need to have 1 stat changed and the announcement of new resource points to them getting rage or new resource unique to that form! my speculation!

1 Like

I am genuinely excited for tomorrow as well though. I have been wanting to play spriggan all patch :laughing:

1 Like

I legit cant explain my expectations for tomorrow after these past few teasers. I’m like deku head slamming waiting for my favorite hero to show up!

1 Like

How can we immobilize our totems? Doesn’t ‘immobilize’ mean to prevent from moving?

We are changing the wording to say “wraps around” since it doesn’t really make sense to immobilize something that is already immobile :smiley:

5 Likes

That’ll be welcomed, thematically speaking, Shaman is probably one of my favorite classes. However, just seems like totems take a back seat in shaman builds or you have to use other masteries to come up with clever ways to get it to work like Boardmans Spriggan thorn build which just is a clever way to leverage and circumvent mana and borders on broken.

Not to mention that the summon idol affix is almost requisite for any thorn totem build. Just a lot of QoL or rework stuff I hope Shaman gets with totems and that mastery in general