End-Game System Update: Monolith of Fate

It is still fixed level content so if you go straight in to the monolith you’ll be facing a very uphill battle.

3 Likes

Thank you Mike. I know a lot of people are interested in alternative leveling methods. I would be interested to see how things progress. I am not sure on y’alls stance on this. Cheers <3

1 Like

End game content belongs in the end game. The campaign is for levelling, that’s how it’s always been in these type of games.

D3? Adeventure Mode? Whhaaaat

3 Likes

It does look like they will leave out the roguelike experience for monolith and make the arena full roguelike. The preview clearly states the reset option, I am guessing the monolith will be the test to your capabilities and skill, in terms that you will have a point that you won’t be able to beat and instead will focus on upgrading lower levels of monolith, gather better gear and try again in highest unlocked level. So far in my experience monolith had a fair amount of luck involved, Sometimes I die on level 15, sometimes 30+. In my experience it varies quite a bit

Looks better. Im understanding bits of it, not entirely, but it sounds a bit deeper than previously where you click on the rock and select a single modifier.

My fear is that we will get to MoF too quickly and grind it ad nausem. Meaning, If we spend 30 hours on a character, 25 of them will be in MoF. Some people like that, eh. Might as well just remove the campaign and let us grind MoF and endgame if all it takes in two or three hours to get there.

Granted, I havent played a campaign run in a year or so.

If you did that, you’d still need to run through the campaign for all of the passives & idol slots.

1 Like

Might get a bit off-topic and far beyond just MoF as a system.

But i am a big advocate of system that can give player the options to use some sort of “shortcuts”, as soon as they already did stuff on one of their “main” chars.

For example being able to unlock all story rewards like idols slots and apssive skills points via some sort of mechanic for alt chars. And then possibly being able to solely level via MoF(or other “endgame” system they might put in.

You are still required to complete the campaign on at least one character before you can journey through timelines. Also it seems like the first timeline consists of level 55 mobs, and if you are to enter at around level 25 on a fresh (solo) character you probably won’t do that well.

Totally agree. A friend of mine is always really frustrated when he wants to re-roll to another character, but has to go through the same campaign again, this could potentially bring some diversity to that.

Apparently they changed their minds on that, the monolith won’t be locked behind the campaign.

I’m still excited to see that one person who manages to beat a timeline at like level 30 or something silly.

3 Likes

I already have the character set up and ready to go. Level 26 all Tier 3 affixed gear. I am curious if T4 level requirements drop down atall in new patch as it would help but still… 1k hp and 80% dodge going into lvl 55 content at level 26 is going to make a good first video :slight_smile:

3 Likes

…says The Batman who Never Sleeps.

In the best possible way, I hope the first attempt is unsuccessful but you do eventually find a way to do it :smile:

1 Like

So you don’t want him to keep on throwing himself against the monolith unsuccessfully? Just me? Ok…

I hope you get it too. I just hope nobody does it first try :wink:

Oh First Try is my specialty! i have 0.4% success rate. Look at all my guesses for patch release haha.

Amazing work everyone. Can’t wait to try it out!!

I am very glad that certain timelines have certain loot tables. It’s obvious that it makes target farming easier, but I’ve always felt that having items thematically tied to certain zones gives each zone a stronger personality as well. I am hoping that there are special enemies that can only be encountered in certain timelines because it helps reinforce the idea that I’ve progressed to somewhere new. When all encounters and loot drops are possible in all areas of a game, the areas bleed together in a lukewarm soup, no matter what environments I’m running through.