Dual Wielding Rive Void Knight 500K+ Crits 0.8.0 Build

I’m not fully sure but I think this is due to last patch: movement skills now share the same cooldown. The same for Teleport and Surge for the Mage.

2 Likes

Ah, yeah that makes sense. Maybe I’ll just go slightly off-guide to find something that feels good for me then.

Thanks for the response!

Hello there. So as a new player, “PoE Refugee” I’ve picked this build as my first build ever. I’ve noticed a few changes from the original build, mostly because of the movement GCD between Smite and Lunge.

This is my own workaround and what I’ve changed from OP’s original very kick-ass build:

For Lunge I’ve picked the “Double Strike” for an additional charge. It’s insanely good for mobility, you can zoom-zoom faster almost mitigating the ~2secs CD.

For Smite I’ve removed “Descent” and I manually cast, actually you can almost spam it.

For Anomaly, I didn’t like the whole sending to another timeline aspect so I’ve picked “Immediacy” to remove that aspect. Mobs to not go anywhere. Easier spell to use now, just pop-it off CD and refresh when it’s up again.

Additional changes:

For Rive, I’ve tried to get as much gear as possible with +Rive skill points. For clear, any additional points can be spent on “Outburst” so you damage more enemies and for additional damage I’ve picked “Trampling Ahuizotl” as it’s +dmg globally.

Right now I’m running with a +2 chest, but I think tier 7 is +4 points. So you can go well past the 20 skill points on Rive and it scales so good!

Let’s talk about critical strike chance now. Since OP is running with the overleech axe, that’s quite a downgrade in terms of dps. I didn’t get my hands on one yet, so I’ve crafted a crit axe. You can craft prefix “melee critcal strike chance” and you should, both on MH and OH (sword). That’s +10 on MH Axe and +5 on OH Sword.

With the added critical strike from Lunge and Anomaly, once I got about 35% melee critical strike change I’m almost caped, I’m sitting at 96% fully buffed. Meaning you always crit!

Tool-tip dps, unbuffed (15.03.2021):

1st strike ~22k
2rd strike ~114k
3rd strike ~120k

Tool-tip dps, buffed, 4 sigils + Initiative (from Lunge) + Time Bubble (from Anomaly) (15.03.2021):

3rd strike ~380k non-crit

insane build =)

So I am fairly new to this game.
Please help me to understand, how he picked two Passive Trees.
I thought you can only pick one e.g. Void but as I see he also picked Paladin.
Is this on an old patch which doesnt work anymore?

You can only master 1 but you can put points in the bottom half of the other passive trees.

1 Like

Oh gotcha. I understand now.
Thanks for answering!

1 Like

How do you use Anomaly skill? in video u always under its buff. and you use it for boss fights.
how? when I use it - bosses hide for 5+ sec and I cant deal any dmg

UPD: okay, i’m a blind idiot without “Time Lord” perk :slight_smile:

When you cast Anomaly the first time anything within a range of your cursor will be “sent forward in time” to be brought back ~5s later or if you cast it again. Personally I use it with the num lock trick so it’s always cast on cooldown & the target is brought back after a fraction of a second.

Or there’s the Immediacy node which disables the time shifting thing.

Take “Immediacy” if you don’t like the whole “sent foward in time” and just want pure dps.

Hello hello, please im new at the game. Your builts were the first i check, loving how easy and how straight foward is your insights. Im following them. The paladin bleed warpath didint fullfill my expectations, lvl78. Its like POE, looks promissing but we get stuck unless playing hundreads of hours. Please answer us, please, what melee built is better ? Warpath crit, warpath bleed, or Rive dual ?

@Oroaetus it depends. I’ve followed this guide, but switched to 1h + shield to be able to do the last Monolith’s and then the empowered ones, as block/block eff is still very much OP. With enough crit on gear you can still be at 95-100% crit chance while buffed so even a 1h Rive hit’s for 250-300k+.
I’d say since if you want to be tanky and mitigate a lot of damage, go Rive crit but with a shield.

I agree with this.
Rive has a node that makes the third strike always crit, you can build on it.

Thank you very much ! :slight_smile:

Shield Throw Paladin is best and easy, but need gear on it also.

Can someone explain the Smite choice to me here? Not sure whether to trust the game or the guide as no one else has pointed this out still.

There’s the whole game of stacking ignite chance, which in itself - sure, great. Doing that with Smite and picking Temporal Corruption shouldn’t be working though (?)

Temporal Corruption reads:

Ignite chance from Smite’s tree is converted to slow chance (…)

Yet the explanation of picking the Smite tree includes “and it will put ignite on the enemy”. Yea, it shouldn’t though. I guess there’s the Spreading Flames thing, though I don’t think that this would actually ignite in this setup (?)

So the whole spec is for 50% attack speed with a 66% uptime? Or is there something I’m missing about the ignite/Spreading Flames branch?

Smit is not giving ignite anymore after its been converted to voide, that was just a mispoken oversight on my part. Sorry about that

Spreading flames should still work the same as it just spreads fire damage and isnt ingite.

1 Ignite every 6 seconds (or slow in this case) really isnt anything. You can even spec elsewhere if you want.

Yeah, and if your OK with manually casting smite every 4 seconds you can take the 1 point out of teleport and get 100% uptime. Probably better to do this since they have changed the game now to share movement skill cooldowns.

Does anyone have a decent loot filter for leveling up 1-75 for this build and then an updated one for late game? I am honestly not good with the loot filter and trying to avoid ongoing frustration. =)

Is this build still viable? I noticed you posted a new VK Rive build is all? Has it been nerfed in some way?

Welcome to the community!

Just alot of changes to ge2sr in 0.8.1 so I updated it but no it hasnt really changed you can run this one just different affixes going different places on gear