Dread Shade Targeting is Infuriating

Love the game, but Dread Shade must be the most annoying skill in this game. I get you want a strategy around both the aura circle size and targeting various enemies, but with the spaz like nature of the minions, this spell is incredibly annoying. On top of the that, the targeting is broken as far as I can tell.

Trying to target a Golem or Abomination with other minions present is an exercise in frustration. Even when you hover directly over an abomination for instance (and it highlights green), it still targets a minion that’s behind it or even beside it (which makes no sense). The minions rarely sit still and good luck trying to retarget the abomination during a fight, considering doing it when they are standing still only works if you perfectly position the abomination off the side and hover over the edge of him (since he’s far clear of other minions).

This skill would be way better if it was just always active on all minions. It’s constant stress trying to perfectly target and position minions to make good use of it.

At the very least add something called “Skill Modifiers”, where you can select options for the skill (without using points because that’s lame). Give a way to “Always Target Golem”, etc. Expecting us to click a minion while they move randomly is unreasonable, especially when the targeting is broken half the time.

Lastly, you can’t tell who actually received the dread shade sometimes, because the minions always run under the abominations’ feet. You will think you have it successfully targeted and then you will notice a small minion got it – again very frustrating.

6 Likes

I wanted to make a thread about this a while ago but I’m not really playing the game anymore.
My first thought was to be able to klick on the minion portraits in the top left corner.
But yeah, something should be done about this because it’s pretty annoying to have to wait like 20 seconds just because Dread Shade is on the wrong minion.

1 Like

Agreed, I do not enjoy the current targeting of Dread Shade, especially when you are recasting the same Dread Shade on the same mob accidentally

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.