Dragonflame Edict staff

So I’ve finally got to lvl 81 to try out the Dragonflame Edict staff & the Dragonflame Nova that it casts is bad. Really, really bad.

When it procs (60% chance), it’s doing ~250 damage. The ignite from my Zombies exploding (& the minion ignite is only coming from the 128% I have on the staff) is doing ~200 from 1 stack of ignite. So if the minions happen to proc 2 stacks then that ignite will do nearly double the damage of the proc.

It’s got the spell & fire tags & (apparently) 200% added damage effectiveness. Unfortunately it’s based on minion spell damage, so it sucks so bad since there’s not much in the way of flat added spell damage for minions.

IMO, it should be changed to the player casts the Nova & then it would benefit from the adaptive spell damage on the staff (81-100) which would make it do a fair bit more but probably not an unreasonable amount since the Nova only procs if you use a minion skill so it’s unlikely to be effective if you stack player % damage but spam minion skills to proc it.

It also needs the Int & Attunement tags.

2 Likes

thanks for heads up on this, not gonna waste time unless it’s changed

I remember I tried it a while ago, and I had to ask on Discord what other think about it. I was not impressed by its damage and at that moment you confirmed. I’m glad to see the feeling was real.

There is a bug with the staff where it is certainly implying that your minions are casting Dragonflame Nova when it’s in fact the player. We will correct this and see if it needs further buffs.

Thanks for the feedback.

Really? It does so little damage! The adaptive spell damage on the staff isn’t too bad so I’d have thought it would do somewhat more if it were being cast by the player.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.