Dragonflame Edict: Player or Minion damage?

Asking if anyone knows: does the Nova proc from Dragonflame Edict staff scale from player damage or minion damage? I ask because the only post I can find about it on the forums is one from years ago explaining that it was “supposed” to scale off player damage, but I’m not sure if that’s current or not.

Given it says that the minion casts it, it should be based on minion stats.

1 Like

Yes, I am aware the staff/nova looks like the nova is based on minion stats. What’s confusing me is that according to this post:

the Nova is cast by the player, and is therefore scaled by Player damage stats. Mind you, this post is from 2021, and thus is perhaps way out of date, but this is also the only official EHG comment on the staff/skill, hence my confusion.

1 Like

Yeah, there’s a few things that are supposed to be using one set of stats but don’t.

Without testing it I couldn’t say what it’s doing now TBH.

1 Like

Just did some testing of my own on my Lich with the staff, unspecced Bone Golem, unspecced Volatile Zombie, and some health drain passives to counteract health regen. I can confirm the Nova procs are leeching to me, and thus are (barring some wild shenanigans with minion damage leeching to player health) scaling with player damage modifiers. I can also confirm that speccing into Hollow Lich for testing purposes did, in fact, increase the Nova damage.

Naturally, this is not something that is obvious on the staff, but it does correlate with the EHG post from 2021.

1 Like

Is it still super low damage?

Define “super low”. My lich is not specced for Fire Damage at all, and I was able to hit for about 2.8-3.2k per proc.

As I said in the first post, it was doing ~250 damage when it proc’d compared to 1 stack of an ignite from my Zombies which was ~200 damage…

The only change I can fathom since then is them changing the Damage Effectiveness from 200% to 400%. The damage might still be rough. I have about 340% total fire/elemental/spell damage on my offline Lich, and the lowest I’m hitting is about 1400 with only the staff giving me flat spell damage. Contrast with the Zombie explosion hitting for roughly 700ish, with no minion damage modifiers.

Actually this is better that is was before!

But even like that I am not super motivated to use it because 1h and off hand offer more stat than a single staff. like in my case more int, ward, more minion stats. Maybe with a really good rool and 3 LP and a lot of chance in crafting a good legendary…but a lot of IF to use a staff over for exemple a good septre and a Focus. Even to go unique I will chosse Chronostatis with minion spell damage and lich scorn.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.