Does LE really need a conventional trading system?

Thast’s the easy part no problem here then again… if you can exchange anything for uniques you only get by targetfarming the balance is gone and against the new stance of EHG to get loot only from plaing the game aka killing enemies.

Maybe we could change the idea a bit? In another post I talked about the implementation of a rune that allows to extract “unique dust” (call it whatever) from uniques to use said dust as a currency.
We could use said currency at a vendor to by a unique. Said unique will roll a random ammount of LP. This is just a failsave and you need to pay a ton of dusts to get the unique.

I see trade as a possibility to get core items for a build you may have farmed hundrets of hours for just as some kind of failsave. The dust mentioned above might be the easiest thing to balance from my point of view and the devs can make items that are OP right now very expensive with a serversided change.

Then again I still think cenventonal trading is the best option because people can deside whats important to them and what they want to pay.

They are all relics from old leagues that were frozen in time from that period and all level 100, some of them took me weeks to get to 100 and would never delete them although yes I would never play them again unless testing a skill

ironically my PoE account got hacked about 9 months ago and they cleaned me out of 9 years of stuff accumulated and deleted all my chars but 2 remained untouched as I got my account locked during their stealing spree. GGG restored all my characters but not my items, so they were probably sold away to RMT - even had GGG staff member ask if I tried to sell my account so there may have been a post with someone in a Discord trying to sell my account to someone…who knows. I lost approx 1200 exalts, 2 Magebloods/Headhunter and 21-22 decked out characters…they even stole all my Orbs of Augmentation/Armorer Scraps which are worth nothing

None of this affects my stance with trade though, shit happens

1 Like

Just to remember to everyone:

• 0.9 is not final release, they have a stance on it but not everything is black and white: maybe we get some form of PoEs private league in the future (I hope something in that direction)

• Compared to the whole multiplayer ordeal, trading is a tiny grain of sand in the desert, we should be focusing on the matter at hand (when we have the chance…): that the servers are responsive enough, detecting and reporting any new bugs we found in this MP environments, exploits, etc.

• I want to remind everyone: this came is extremely SSF friendly, you don’t have a HH/Mageblood to grind for, as everything is extremely easy to find compared to those chase items (and they are so hard precisely because of the trade environment). And they said they will polish that SSF-friendly item acquisition even more.

1 Like

Nothing change to 0.9.0. for sure but look at possible launch windows. If they want to release this year I doubt they’ll even think about changing gifting. If they launch 24/25 everybody can chill out for sure.

To you maybe to others not so much there is a thread with over 500 posts in it to proof this point ^^.

Over 150h for an Exsang? Yeah sure… depending on your luck everything is easy to get… or not so easy to get.

At March we start into Beta phases and releases in the past have shown that soon after said betas release candidates have been set in stone. The last Beta I played was Darktide and I gave my feedback on the stability of the game and the issues at hand… what happened between Beta and release? For me nothing because I still got kicked after each mission and made 0 progress.

Time is of the essence right now and I hope EHG isn’t aiming for a release this year :slight_smile: .

1 Like

For sure this is something that the devs should focus on, but that does not merit discussion.
Nobody on the forums is going to argue that the servers should be less responsive, so what is there to discuss about? That we all agree that the technical aspects of multiplayer should function well?
On the other hand, as the past discussions have shown that trade is a very divisive topic with a variety of opinions.

1 Like

I just want to point out that the suggestions about trading (between players or player-to-NPC as I suggest here) might not be necessary with the content the game has today. Trading is a useful aspect for the future, when there will be more content (events, equipment, currency, crafting materials, etc.).

I remark this because some people seem to think the game will be in this state forever, with some Exalted and few Uniques being hard to get. In a few years there could be more rare equipment than Exalteds and hundreds of Uniques, along with many other stuff, depending on the speed of development.

Sorry if I wasn’t clear enough: I mean, effort-wise: development effort needed.

Yeah, I’m totally aware, I’ve been around for a while now. People can argue as much as they want about trade, of course.

I only suggesting that, because trade is not coming for next patch, and we should focus on what’s coming, and to try to see the positive part of it (the half-filled bottled instead of the half-empty, or however it’s said in English).

It doesnt, just like Grim Dawn, it can exist perfectly fine without a proper system. The problem is I am guessing the vast majority of people here play PoE and have become accustomed to trade, so its in the devs best interest from a financial standpoint to include the system to appease the PoE crowd (which is huge).

We know MP is comming and most likely some optimisation and balancing stuff… nothing to be concerned about here. Having no trade is something to be concerned about from my point of view and therifor an important topic to me.

Of course! If LE take the Grim Dawn route, it could still be a very good game! But unfortunately, it has a high chance of only engage me for less than 300hours (because I finish Grim Dawn with ~100 hours and honestly I don’t want to touch it again).

Meanwhile, in PoE, 1603 hours and keep going. Maybe this is the case of many people, but I don’t want to speak for anyone.

In the end, EHG can do what they want with his game, maybe the Grim Dawn route won’t pay crazy amounts of money, but it may be enough for LE and his “vision” to work. But yeah, PoE seems to prove that their game with trade economy and insanely expensive support packs every 3 months has the upper hand on the money count.

1 Like

Do you attribute all those extra PoE hours to trade though?

I have about 1200 hours of GD (1k modded, GD mods are too good), and around 2500 in PoE since beta. More then half my PoE hours are SSF,. If anything trade pushed me way from PoE, or at least the way we had to deal did.

I found the best way to play PoE was to play trade, but with the restriction of not being able to buy gear. I allow myself to sell gear and exchange currency for currency, that way I am not pissed off when I have 15 divs and 11 fuses.

1 Like

Yes, a 4LP Ravenous Void is a good definition of “easy to find”, along with a decent 4x exalted affix item to put on it. Not sure you’re aware but some time ago the devs said a 4LP RV would be something like 1 in 1x10^19 (which if that occurred once per sec, would be substantially older than the universe, but I’m not going to redo the maths on my phone).

Yes, but I disagree with the release hope. It’d be for better to “release” later but with higher quality than chuck it out with lots of stuff broken.

If you could just drop items on the floor perhaps, but that’s not going to happen.

I actually spent weeks farming Omnis daily on a Forge Guard when it released, I got really frustrated playing LE and really burned me out, even worse a few people KNEW the optimal farming or even the minimum corruption that it would appear and people wouldnt confirm it ‘we want players to find it rrarareara’

I get obsessed with farming items like that and will not stop until I get it or I give up after massive frustration which is what happened

I took a break from LE and my PC got wiped and lost my account. I restarted and after hitting around corruption 220 ish and a random Orobyss kill Omnis dropped, I was actually really salty as I didnt need it or want it anymore and wasnt expecting it to drop as I spent 3 weeks ping-ponging between corruption 300-320 and it never showed up

After that I have been completely turned off of any form of SSF play in any aRPG game, ive been burned by shit RNG before but the combo of it going for weeks on end and getting older and realising I dont want to be miserable playing games anymore, I just wont do it

The time I wasted farming Omnis I could of leveled 5 characters to 90 in LE or something, If it was PoE I would of just bought the damn amulet and moved on with my life

1 Like

That’s what I ment. I hope they don’t relese this year because with all the construction sites ingame the release might be in the end of the year and that’s when D4 might pick up the pace after a problematic start and POE 2 isn’t far.
Releasing soon after the open beta (like many other games did) is a horrible idea from my point of view because the game right now is promissing and a nice time sink but far from outstanding in any capacity.

That’s why I said multiple times that we need a trade system to possibly buy drops we don’t get by playing the game. Sure let’s see how the target farming work out EHG is talking about but I highly doubt it will increase drop rates that much for the realy worthwhile items… but that’s just me again ^^.

1 Like

¿Only 4LP Ravenous? I demand it has perfect rolls in vitality and percent health on the implicit affixes, is the bare minimum… Jokes aside, having Level 105 for forging potential already makes it very unlikely you ever find one with more than 1LP. A 4LP one maybe is on the level of a 4x T7 exalted affix item.

That’s beyond my point In most ARPGs you can get almost always a better version of any item (maybe excluding things like primal uniques in D3), the LP system deepens that possibilities beyond normal RNG on the item affix ranges.

Or, like they already said, adding more ways of target farming. RNG can definitely screw you when chances are low enough. I did have a very hard time obtaining a Bastion, while some people may get it dropped without effort in 1 or 2 days.

1 Like

And as I wrote in the same post you quoted: We have no idea what the drop rates are they are aiming for and what the target farm ideas of EHG realy bring to the table. Someone could say “At release we’ll have the same rates with target farming we have now!” or “At release we’ll be shpowered in items 4LP Omnis here I come!”. I have no number or metrics to work with or even get a picture of where we are now and where EHG want us to be.

In my case in particular, yes. I like to try to max my character (can be done in SSF), complete archievements (again, can be done in SSF) and honestly, while is a bit annoying sometimes, I like trading my loot. Even other games (not aRPG, but MMORPG who share a lot of aspects) engage me a lot when I can sell my valuable loot so I don’t need to spend a lot of hours looking for a key/item/specific crafting material.

I perfectly understand your PoV and is nice you find the fun around SSF, even I would like to find the same fun. GD, Torchlight, Fate, etc give me fun unfortunately for less than 200hours each one.

My suggestion in my thread point out my last argument (“I like to trade my loot”) that instead of trade between players, make NPCs “smart” enough to understand if you offer them something that should be valuable. There could be a lot of NPCs with different lore, and each one could offer different Gold/other currency/items in exchange. Some pay more, some pay less.

LE may no need a trading economy system, but I’d like it to be the one that tries to do something different with the “value” of the loot without needing the offer/demand of other players.

1 Like

Without offer and demand there is no value to put it simple.

Doy you even have an idea what kind of algorythm it need to make these NPC’s work? If can write said algorythm sell it to amazon for billions of dollar because they want a relyable one for years ^^.

NPCs will only be as smart as they are programmed so most likely they’ll have a hard time winning an argument against a brick stone. I realy like the idea but I don’t want to give my loot in the hands of a “stupid” NPC that may or may not offer me a decent price for an item. On top of that what happens if I say “My bastion is worth more then 20 runes of shattering!” but I can only sell it to NPCs for such crappy deals that are valuable but not my cup of tea. Do you want different NPCs with different things they give you for your uniques and an algorythm for every item to any given time?

Or are we talking about 1 Slab is worth one HP shard and 1 Bastion is worth 20 runes of shattering and 1 Beekeeper Glove is worth one poison resistence shard and so on and so forth… fixed prices so to speak?

If you go for fixed prices you can simply make a AH and if you go for trade NPCs with a real offer and demand algorythm we play LE in 3724.

The idea is to have something smart enough to understand “what to offer”, it’s hard to do something perfectly smart, I know. The value always can be modified by devs to adjust it properly basing on different things, like rarity.

My idea is just an empty base that can be improved a lot if EHG go in that direction, just right now I don’t know what else to add, honestly.

Anyway, is not that I do not prefer a trading system between players, but EHG and some players don’t want that. I’ll not discuss his decisions, so I just try to throw some ideas to see if can help in something. If not, well, I expect a properly solution from them.

That’s still something you made up in your mind. No matter how often you repeat it, it’s not becoming more than a wild fantasy.

No CT knew any numbers. We only knew that corruption affects the chances and that theres a minimum needed to make it drop. But nobody knew any exact values. Somebody dropped it at 400 corruption, but how would anybody know if this was the bare minimum or if you have a chance at 150 corruption already.

Players told you, devs told you. Still this crap… It’s almost tragic.

3 Likes