Do we know with the new overhaul if werebear will be moved off mastered skill?

I am curious if we know if the werebear has been moved off of the druid mastery skill lock-out. I have been interested in building and experimenting a were-packmaster type of build due to roar being able to passively buffing minions etc. but the main transformation of bear is locked behind the mastery.

The reverse build of druid with minor maxing out of the mid-tier beastmaster line doesn’t seem to cut it hard number wise to be able to drive it very high but I am curious if they moved it off of the lock-out mastered skill if a full spec beastmaster able to transform into bear would be feasible.

1 Like

No, they’ve not said anything about that. I’d be surprised if they removed it as the mastery skill though.

If you do this, then with all the skills and classes, which looks somewhat strange.

I am pretty sure Mike said on Dev stream, that Spriggan is the only transformation that is supposed to be not druid exclusive.

See the druid overhaul video here : Druid Overhaul Overview and Swarmblade Form at 5:49 they show the druid skill tree with spriggan form and summon spriggan in first half while swarmblade and entangling roots in second half of tree. I’m pretty sure Werebear is staying exclusive then.

Dang, good catch thanks Golden

1 Like

Nothing prevents you from trying to make a summoner through the Druid branch, and not the animal master.

The Beastmaster does have a lot more support for Companions in it’s tree though, both directly & indirectly with the Aspects (Viper & Shark, plus Circle of Life to keep the Aspect of the Shark up on bosses).

True, because the Master is seen as a summoner. While using the summon through the Druid, it has the role of support and secondary purpose.

Like a spell from Spell Blade. A pure spellcaster is Sork, but as a secondary damage and support, the spell can also be used on Blade.

Yeah I was hoping to be able to bear it up and go full beastmaster with minor druid buffs as they have a lot fewer benefits to pets going through the druid branch. The new Scyther or Spriggan forms though look cool don’t appear to me as much aesthetically and the massive benefits from BM over Druid is hard to ignore.

I’ve built them out via the planner, it’s possible purely from an experimental stance but the overall damage would be hard to push hard into end-game as you are shooting yourself in the foot a bit.

In fact, I agree and understand a lot about Faolchu. I would like the same thing in other classes, there was an opportunity to cooperate more with adjacent classes.

Yeah, I mean transforming you are already hindering your skill bar significantly and can only rely on taking additional skills that you can use passively while transformed (I believe is just vines via roar and auto-cast thorns) so further limiting it just because of a master skill seems an additional unnecessary limitation.

Yeah, I’d like to do bug as beastmaster for Aspect of the Viper & Shark, would be awesome poison.

I was thinking about that too I already have a serpent spear user which is fairly good not sure how high I can push him yet but it’s a different build that focuses on a giant poison scorpion too lol. This game has some fun builds but I’d like to cross play sub-classes a bit more.

Entangling roots is the new druid only skill, werebear will be available to the other classes. It says so in the entangling roots rework news announcement

No, it’s just another skill in the “Mastery-locked section” from the Druid.

Therefore, this’ is not the case either.

2 Likes

Werebear Form is still the Druid mastery skill and is therefore Druid exclusive. The other skills exclusive to Druid are Swarmblade Form and Entangling Roots. The non-exclusive Druid skills are Spriggan Form and Summon Spriggan.

2 Likes

Let me ask you a question.
I understand correctly that since you made certain skills available to other classes (for example, Sprigan form, and so on in other classes), then you are doing this in order to make them useful for other classes?

I just wanted to correct this - depending on what you’re trying to make, the new revamped skill trees allow you to have a much better chance of implementing your skills while staying transformed.

If you want Beastmaster, you only have Spriggan Form, you can use something like Summon Scorpion + Spriggan Form + Eterra’s Blessing + Vines to stack up as much Poison as you can.

For Wearbear, you’d have to stay Druid, but you can use Fury Leap, War Cry, & Maelstrom with the new tree, so you can go Double Bear with the War Cry’s Berserk Node. You can even do some shenanigans like Fury Leap + Maul to activate Wild Command (increased minion damage for 8 seconds), and then Roar to activate Swarmblade form and use Locust Swarm that scales on minion damage.

There will be much more opportunities to mix your skills around with the new Druid forms than before the 0.8.4 update. I’m really excited to see what options we can think up.

1 Like