Divine Bolt Procs Not Targeting Anything On Screen

I haven’t messed around with the Paladin skill that procs Divine Bolts yet, but I had a couple idols drop that had a chance to spawn them off of 0 cost skills and decided to give them a shot. The bolts proc, but they seem to get “locked” on a direction for long periods of time… It does eventually change, but I haven’t figured out what causes it; sometimes it stays locked for most of a monolith without changing, other times it changes a couple times within a few packs of enemies. When it’s locked, it’s often times not shooting in a direction that will hit anything on the screen, and since the direction doesn’t change even when I move a significant distance (halfway across the map in a different direction than the bolts are firing), I suspect it’s not shooting at an enemy off-screen either.

Not the best examples because there are some mobs/corpses in that direction in two of the screenshots (it’s hard to take screenshots while fighting…), but as you can see, the bolt direction hardly changes at all, and it was that way through the entire map.

https://imgur.com/a/jDKPfSH

I think I may have figured at least part of it out. Divine Bolt seems to pick a random enemy somewhere on the entire map and continues to fire at that enemy until it’s dead, at which point it chooses another random enemy from the map and starts firing at it. On maps that have a dedicated kill target, it seems to prefer that enemy over the others though not always; I had 5 maps in a row that shot in the direction of the kill target from the very beginning, but the 6th shot at the starting location even when I was standing next to the kill target meleeing it…

I had two maps that it fired at an area I’d already cleared for the entire map, but it’s possible there was a branch I didn’t see that looped back around that direction that still had enemies I wasn’t aware of (I wasn’t doing full clears…)

Hey… Similar experience with Divine Bolt. It really doesnt work and I dont think that there is a single build that is succesffully using it because of its bizarre targetting. I personally gave up after specing it for a build and realising that its simply a crap part of the passive tree…

Hoping it gets fixed/replaced when the devs revamp some of the older passive trees.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.