Disable gamepad

Hello. How can gamepads be permanently deactivated so that they are not constantly reactivated when a button is pressed? This completely prevents me from playing

Honestly have no idea on this one - I dont think you can do it from within the game. i.e. I dont think the auto detecting can be disabled right now…

There are lots of issues with controller support in the game and while I dont personally use one (old school here) there have been lots of improvements as recently as the last patch… apparently still not working as it should but better than it was…

My suggestions:

1. If you are using the Steam version: Steam apparently has some controller functionality, maybe see if you can disable it there. Never tested myself for obvious reasons.

2. Unplug it while playing?

3. Disable the device in the OS while playing?

controller are disabled on steam. I can’t unpluged it because i use it instead of my keyboard (left hand) by maping it with an external software, and it’s why i want to disable the auto detecting in-game

Hmm… So you are using a gamepad via third party software to emulate keyboard presses… but you dont want the game detecting the gamepad natively as a controller and assuming that when you press a gamepad key that it should not enable the controller modes…

This is a very niche requirement that I dont think is going to be easy to do…

Maybe the devs will add a “force ignore controller” setting eventually but thats not entirely normal for controller supported games and I dont think Unity (the game engine) works like that normally…

Maybe you can disable a part/feature of device in the OS but still have it registered by the third party software? Maybe the third party software or the gamepad driver has something that can force the gamepad into a keyboard emulation mode so that the game doesnt detect it… No idea really…

At this point my interest in electronics as a hobby is screaming that you should probably add a $5 microcontroller in the mix and use it to “convert” your gamepad signals into keypresses and solve everything … but thats probably a crazy amount of effort… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.