Dev Q&A - We've sprung a leak!

Updated with the two most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the September 9, 2022 dev stream. Both leaks concern a new NPC named Keeper Balthus, a character that looks to play a prominent role in future versions of Last Epoch. Rumour has it that his accompanying dragonfly may even increase in size ā€“ to giant proportions one might say. :eyes:

Also, I forgot to include two previously shown leaks from the Lore Dev Stream on August 5, 2022, which are labelled as Primalist armour #2 & Wandering Spirits.

1 Like

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the September 23, 2022 dev stream. We were shown a couple bee teasers and new VFX for the Serpent Strike skill.

In addition, the town scene testing for multiplayer shown during the September 16, 2022 dev stream was added.

4 Likes

Updated with the six most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the September 30, 2022 dev stream. We got to see concept art for a new set of Acolyte armour coming to the game, two more examples of improvements coming to combat feel, and VFX updates for three shrine buffs ā€“ the stun, crit, and haste shrines.

Also, added the two leaks shown during the October 7, 2022 dev stream. We got model updates for the Zombie enemies and new SFX/VFX for the Judgement skill.

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the October 21, 2022 dev stream. These include: VFX update for the Fireball skill, and two enemies ā€“ a necrotic scorpion & an update to the Idol of Loathing/Ruin and similar worm bosses. In addition, Judd shared that ā€œWarpath visuals are being revamped, animations synced up tighter, overall itā€™s feeling much nicer internally compared to what is on liveā€ during the stream.

Watching @ActionRPG 's roundup video of the stream brought to my attention that thereā€™s also leaks being shared on the games social media accounts so Iā€™ve now included those here as well ā€“ within the Social Media Leaks section. These leaks include: 3 new armour sets (1 each for Mage, Primalist, and Rogue ā€“ which is mislabeled as Acolyte), Argolos the Blessed boss rework, and a new portal that will transition between zones.

Lastly, there was no dev stream on October 14, 2022 as the team was given the day off for hitting an internal milestone they had been working hard towards. Congrats team! :tada:

4 Likes

Thank you @AndrewTilley for keeping this updated, I donā€™t always have time to watch the streams, but always get hyped for the leaks!

2 Likes

Snap! They found me out. :wink:

2 Likes

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the October 28, 2022 dev stream. These include: the Cave Spider enemy, a new Unique item render, and the new Summon Bone Golem in action (the same video was shared on social media so Iā€™ve also included it in the Social Media Leaks section).

In addition, I started a Non-Visual sub-section within the Dev Q&A Leaks section for items that I find interesting or new that arenā€™t visual leaks. These include an older clip I already shared about the Soul Furnace enemy rework, two items from last weeks stream ā€“ Mikeā€™s talk of Runemaster & Warlock, as well as the Warpath update ā€“ but in this weeks stream Mike talked about fixes coming to the Emperor of Corpses boss.

4 Likes

Thanks a lot, I love this collection! I try to follow most of it myself, but having it all in one place is fantastic!

1 Like

Did I say that on stream?

Nah, it was only an assumption, but since then Iā€™ve read what you wrote on Reddit about these leaks that, in combination with your reply here, is really making me question it. :sweat_smile:

Now I just donā€™t know how to categorize it. Any hints Mike? :wink:

Nah, Iā€™d like to let speculation run wild on this one. Itā€™s a good one.

2 Likes

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the November 4, 2022 dev stream. These include: a Unique item, combat feel clip, and updated Reaper Form model. Also, the previously leaked VFX & SFX update for Judgement as well as the animation update for the Mageā€™s Fireball effect were posted on social media so theyā€™ve been added here as well.

In addition, I did some reorganizing of one-off items into a Miscellaneous sub-section within the Dev Q&A Leaks section (renaming the prior version to Non-Visual) to help clean it up a bit. The weapon render I had incorrectly labeled as a Unique item now resides within this section.

Lastly, Iā€™ve begun posting timestamps for both the leaks and questions asked during these developer streams in the comments of these videos once theyā€™ve been uploaded to YouTube.

4 Likes

Hey Andrew,
Can you help me find that render? The clip you linked provides some combat action, but I cannot really see a new Reaper Form model. Looks like the old one in the clip.

Edit: Nevermind, I found it. But Iā€™m relatively sure that the combat clip is not showing the new 3d model in action.

Before showing the 3D model Mike says ā€œYou saw a little bit of this earlier in the stream, but hereā€™s a full view of it.ā€

Itā€™s hard to tell because of the video quality but it looks like reaper form cut the carbs for a bit.

1 Like

Yeah, you might be right. The stream quality is pretty low and itā€™s a dark model on a dark background which makes it challenging to tell conclusively and, as @Iceberg points out, Mike did mention that we saw it earlier in the stream but he may have only been hinting at the fact that we saw Reaper Form in general ā€“ not necessarily this new version of it. So, as I canā€™t be certain of it, Iā€™ll change that part of the description.

Also, I place a NEW label in front of all recently added leaks to better distinguish them for that week. So, if youā€™re only curious about the new stuff then just look for that label when browsing the Dev Q&A Leaks section.

3 Likes

Just wanted to quickly confirm - the combat clip contains the currently live reaper model.

5 Likes

The first impression is just that it looked too familiar. And when I zoomed in I saw that the shoulder pads donā€™t have any edges, when the 3d render shows very distinct edges.

Updated with the two most recent Dev Q&A leaks shown during the November 11, 2022 dev stream. These include: a new or updated enemy* and combat feel clip showcasing the Hammer Throw skill.

Steveā€™s been busy on Social Media as well, adding a new Imperial Era enemy and that same Hammer Throw clip shown during the dev stream.

Lastly, for a bit of fun, Mike channels his inner NSYNC at this moment of the stream. Though, itā€™s probably just as bad that this was the first thing I thought of when he did it. :joy:

*Note: I assume itā€™s a new/updated enemy model, but I canā€™t say for certain.

3 Likes

Updated with the three most recent Dev Q&A Leaks shown during the November 18, 2022 dev stream. These include: new concept art for a Rogue armour set, and VFX updates for both the Shatter Strike and Rive skills. Unfortunately, video playback of the Rive update wasnā€™t working correctly, however you can still see the same video in the Social Media Leaks section.

In addition, Mike mentioned a couple things I found interesting: increased cooldown recovery speed changes for movement abilities and a Fury Leap update ā€“ both are listed in the Non-Visual sub-section. Not listed there, but something Iā€™ll add here, is Mike cryptically discussing some future news about the stream. My guess is a future multiplayer dev stream, but weā€™ll see.

The Social Media Leaks section saw three new additions: concept art for two new enemies (with the latter being part of a LE game giveaway for helping name the monster ā€“ congrats to those that won) and a VFX update of the Rive skill.

Lastly, I forgot to mention it last week but Iā€™m still adding Leak/Q&A timestamps in the comments of recently added dev streams once theyā€™ve been uploaded to YouTube. The two most recent streams being:

3 Likes

Nah, itā€™s clearly going to be him & the other devs showing their new racing sim which is what theyā€™ve pivoted LE to (which is why 0.9 has taken so much time).

7 Likes