Desync in monos (probable culprit - arcane ascendance+acuity)

UPDATE: someone else has made a post with similar issues and the culprit seems to be being speced into arcane ascendance with acuity and having it in your hotbar, if you remove it from the hotbar the issues seem to go away

I load into the echo and can run around but when I cast a spell the character model does the animation but the spell effect happens after a random amount of time (a few seconds to a full minute sometimes)
but the spell damage works as normal
half the enemies are invisible, I can tell because I am taking damage
I can attack them and kill them (both invis and visible enemies)
the hp bar of the invis enemies works fine
also, item pickups are delayed, just like the skills

when the spell finally does its animation I seem to get ported back to where I was when I cast it

if I spam all my spells at the beginning of a mono and wait till they all play out instantly after some time it seems to fix it, but sometimes about halfway through a mono the desync thing will come back, in arena monos it almost always comes back halfway through

this happens like in 80% of my echoes
a restart of the game or re-log makes the first 1-2 echoes work fine, then the bug is back again
the bug is also present in lightless arbor dungeon (i haven’t tried any others)

the bug first appeared in monos and grew more common over time, it was fine for the most part, just a longer loading screen while i spam all my spells, but it’s becoming more and more unplayable

drivers are updated, verified integrity of game too

the videos are as follows:
I logged in, played 1 echo, it was normal, then the next echo was the short video, and the 3rd echo was the long video

PS: while recording I noticed that the chat had died too and that there seemed to be a connection issue, I hadn’t noticed that before, so I’m not sure if those are always present or not

le_graphicsmanager.ini (478 Bytes)
Player.log (124.0 KB)
vid 1 - Desktop 2023 03 13 19 27 18 01 - YouTube
vid 2 - Desktop 2023 03 13 19 30 14 02 - YouTube

2 Likes

Interesting. I will try taking it off my hot bar. I have failed multiple echos now simply because I can’t see what is hitting me. I hope this works because Monoliths are fun until you get 99% done and lose the reward to a frigging invisible rat.

Hello,

I’d like to reiterate this bug. It does seem to be related to Arcane Ascendance’s “Acuity” (noted here, here, and here). You can keep Arcane Ascendance on your bar, but not with Acuity.

Problem

In the Monolith of Fate, after two or three echoes in a row, Sorcerer seems to become “desynced” from the server with severe delay, unable to see enemies beyond the initial screen, obtain ward from casting, or truly kill enemies (damage will take them to 1hp where they will stand motionless.) This does not occur in campaign, dungeons, boss fights, or arena.

Steps to Reproduce

Play as Sorcerer and take the Acuity node for Arcane Ascendance. Run three echoes and see a gradual degradation of performance from the second to the third echo, where the third never actually “resyncs.” Remove the Acuity node and play normally (tested in third echo and two additional echoes with zero performance issues.)

Steps:

1. Play Sorcerer with Arcane Ascendance - Acuity node
  2. Run 3+ echoes consecutively
  3. Remove Arcane Ascendance - Acuity node
  4. Run 3+ echoes consecutively

Logs

Player.zip (1.4 MB)

Thank you,
kuyen

1 Like

Bump… Fix when? Wheres the dev response on this?

We had a dev response in this thread: Massive often desync, rubberbanding, skill+animation delays. Game unplayable - #19 by JustinC

Hoping that they can find the issue and seems like there are plenty of us that could help them out with additional data if needed.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.