Depths of Eterra Update - Beta 0.8.5 Patch Notes

Did you fix incorrect texture on characters screen in Linux version of the game? (link)

2 Likes

(post deleted by author)

We are tracking this issue, though do not yet have a fix in place for this linux issue for this patch.

1 Like

I welcome the changes to bastion of honor and ravenous void. I couldn’t get behind the idea creating items so powerful they are bis for almost any build.

2 Likes

For some reason the Ravenous Void changes seem like a slight buff to me. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

But RIP my Flurry Rogue. Back to playing MA Forge Guard against big boy bosses again I guess. :expressionless:

1 Like

Self damage should not effect the Pyre Amber’s light radius, including self bleeds.

1 Like

Not a typo, this is in fact changed to generic more damage to also scale ailments inflicted by Static.

1 Like

Yeah I’m not feeling it either… Lightless Arbor looks okay I guess but the rest is dissapointing.

Good thing Lost Ark has come out because that game absolutely nails the combat in terms of visuals and especially SFX. That’s honestly the level of polish I’m looking for or them atleast aspiring to reach that level of satisfying combat…

Or hell, replace the current Arena system with Lost Ark’s Chaos Dungeon instead of slow spawning waves in packs of 4-5 mobs.

EDIT: That’s not to say everything is bad in Last Epoch, it’s just that for me, personally, combat is the most important thing and that’s what’s mostly missing for me here, hope I’ll eat my words someday.

2 Likes

how oblivious are you? Lmao. 3 and a half months for quite a bit of content, tons of new 3d models, new uniques, lots of rebalancing, like 100 bug fixes, and a behind the scenes multiplayer which will be ready to test very soon that’s probably taking up a massive amount of their resources.

Maybe you should start your own game development company and do things your way, then you can show them how to allocate resources and develop an impossible amount of content in a short amount of time, because I’m sure you totally have that skillset and would teach them how it’s done.

3 Likes

I was playing a channelled poison flurry and din’t even know it was bugged, guess that’s why it was so strong.

1 Like

Did you miss the word ‘pet’? Because it’s a very important word in that statement. I think that many of the active builds in LE are great. There’s a lot of very good designs. It also has about the best support I’ve seen for hybrid pet builds, which is an interesting side note. It’s just the dedicated pet builds that are bad.

Both pet classes now have temporary pets even though it’s not a huge design space, making locusts heavily overlap with wraths. All the companions are balanced around active abilities which can make them feel less like pet builds and more like cooldown based casters that just happen to have some animals following you around. Many of the pet trees in Necromancer aren’t very well balanced, making build choices too obvious. The Necromancer pets are also too weak defensively, I think because they have some sort of idea that even permanent pets need to be constantly re-summoned or it will be bad for gameplay.

I’m honestly tempted to just do a full review of every pet skill in the game, but none of them would get above a 3/5. Good pet support should feel like a rube-goldberg machine, complex interactions and interesting choices when building your character that you then turn loose against the world to see how it fares. In LE the choices for pets are too obvious and limited, and the gameplay tries too hard to push the roll of the pets down below the player rather than letting them shine.

2 Likes

I think that’s just Smelter’s Wrath with The Judicator spear.

Im with you on this one.

The focus on getting MP ready is killing more impactful patches like the previous one. Either that, or they are running out of ideas.

2 new dgn? Maybe a week of gameplay for me.

Hmm I actually whinged about Abomination at length and that was changed…I mentioned the Soul Gambler (even called it Soul Gambler sort of) a few times and thats added…complained about Gold Sink thats been addressed

Ill keep complaining then

Lightless Arbor dungeon looks cool I might give it a go on the weekend

I’d bet everything I own that 50+ people all working on a game they enjoy and get to create to there vision are having 0 issues with coming up with new ideas.

I hope you do! Feedback is always appreciated!

I myself will be curious how Squirrels cant score above 60%

All items will automatically be updated, you will not have any legacy uniques that do not take the property of the new reworked unique.

1 Like

Keeping my fingers crossed for the uniques we dont know about. Seems like there is almost no new builds coming from the changes. A lot of builds being heavily nerfed from bug changes or unique nerfs(most justified). Feels bad being a player that mostly enjoys build theory crafting when we lose play styles without adding new ones. Obviously patch isnt live and I might be way off. This is just what it looks like from the patch notes.

Actually i dont feel that way.

And i didnt know the mere mention of this patch being underwhelming for me, and gussing the reason why, means that

Lots of good stuff as usual but I can’t help but be a little disappointed at the limited updates to some key existing problems like some skills, set items, etc. The new end-game options are great, but right now there’s so many little niggles with the current content that I’m unlikely to hop back on with this patch.

Keep up the good work though. You’re unlikely to please everyone with every patch and it definitely looks like you’re continuing to flesh out an already-great game. :smile:

Unfortunately had to happen… simply too powerful in the old iteration… :frowning:

What can i say… that’s a lot of work, thank to keep it up. Btw i still find normal gambler not that much useful, before the nerf i had hard time to decide where to spend my gold ( between stash or gambler) and now… you already have your answer :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

1 Like