Depths of Eterra Update - Beta 0.8.5 Patch Notes

Was fun while it lasted. Rest in peace beautiful prince.

No new skills, only 8 new uniques regardles that more are comming, no changes to set items, no upgrades to your main end game system, no visual upgrades to ugly skills like throw hammner etc…, destroing 2 of the most chased uniques especialy Bastion of honor, Basicaly we have been waiting for 3and half monts for 2 new dungeons and some arena spin off. This is really bad work in 3 and half months regardles of focus on MP and not enough to keep people comming playing for the next months. I hope that u take this critic as a critic with good intention couse i love the game

4 Likes

My death has been avenged. RIP IwillDie8

https://www.reddit.com/r/LastEpoch/comments/tecn6q/this_death_doesnt_feel_fair/

Man you guys did Quite dirty on his gloves that is a real shame.

2 Likes

What happened to thechanges to Bleeding Heart Unique Amulete?

I’m really loving the updated artwork.

awww… One of my favorite characters so far is a hit-based cold-convert using this. Less APS is a flat nerf. Guessing this was targeting DoT builds. If so, could it be less chance to apply ailments instead?

No set changes. No mention about the dungeons reward but if not as powerful as making legos it means this is less then first dungeons. Give players incentive to run them. And i mean for end game not for lvling stuff.
Also no monoliths changes.

1 Like

Why such an extreme nerf? It’s not like block 100% mitigates damage like in PoE. Getting hit for 3k, you can mitigate what, 1.5k? Good thing you healed those 14hp after taking 1.5k damage…

There has to be a better way. At least give it more block effectiveness and remove the LP nerf.

5 Likes

I went straight to number 15. with my fingers crossed but I didn’t see anything there that’s significantly going to change my frame rate.

HOWEVER, I’m willing to let it slide once again because a) Apparently performance will be a focus point after 0.8.5 (fingers triple crossed) and b) This is such a big update!

Amazing patch by the looks of it. Plenty of new content to explore, new items and vendors. Shaping up to be fantastic. Glad I came back at the start of the week just on a whim.

Why do you guys hate physical rogue so much… honestly is a bit depressing.

3 Likes

I think you guys missed putting the passives changes section. In the table of contents the link doesn’t move down to where they are in the patch notes. And when I scroll through they’re not in between Skill changes and Campaign.

1 Like

Passives changes were put into respective sections elsewhere. I have removed the link to a dedicated “passives” section. My apologies for the confusion.

1 Like

Yes, I recognize that they are different mechanics. What I meant was will they ever be changed to count as “healing” for the sake of other mechanics.

Getting 8 health on a block is pitiful, even if it was to be changed to act as a source of healing with 400% Increased healing effectiveness this wouldn’t be good - better, but not good.

What would be really impactful is some of the other bonuses characters can get when they heal.

Consider it.

Edit:
I am mostly asking regarding other sources of this same effect, such as the “Aegis of Renewal” passive node in the Sentinel tree.

1 Like

Does the Unique item nerfs apply to existing items, or just the future drops?

So is this changing from hit dmg to generic dmg? or mistype?

If an item base type is reworked, your items will retain their affixes but become a different base type. Changes to the minimum/maximum of affixes on all item types apply automatically. If an affix is removed, it will be replaced on your items with a different random affix. If an affix is removed from the affix pool of a certain item type, any existing items will still have that affix. So with this, unique items will be updated to the new stats available on that item.

1 Like

Swarmblade changes don’t seem to address any of the actual problems with the skill. Hives are still mechanically awkward. I’d never play a build that actually presses that skill, at best I could see autocasting it and nothing about this update changes that. Locusts doing a bit more damage is fine, give anything enough damage and people will play it no matter how clunky it is to use so I guess this is one way to try to fix it. Same with Locust Swarm, it’s still awkward but if it does enough damage I guess that doesn’t matter? I don’t like the Locust Master ‘buff’- increasing the cooldown is the best part but the damage buff part needs you to be in melee while summoning is functionally a ranged action. I guess it’s there to encourage players to run up to enemies and summon locusts right on top of them so they proc the buff every 8 seconds? The initial swing does nothing since you have no locusts yet, so you need to summon them and then hit the enemy but do that in a way that doesn’t reduce the amount of summon casts you’re getting in.

I like the idea of a Swarmlord in theory, but these designs just feel like they’re actively trying to create the least fun ARPG build of all time. Do they actually have any ARPG pet players on their team? It seems like there’s a fundamental misunderstanding as to what makes these builds fun for the type of player that gravitates towards them.

5 Likes

Can new blessings be introduced to increased the maximum number of mods able to be chosen for each tier?!

1 Like

People are going to cry hard about Bastion and Ravenous Void, but they are still great items. Just not obvious auto-picks in every case.