Death Seal Speed Running Lich 0.8d 500k+ Damage

OK thanks! :slight_smile:

Okay thank you for clearing that up for me.

Campaign finished with this build. It was the fastest Lagon fight I’ve ever had till now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool build, Board! i am working myself now on a necro speedrunning build!

1 Like

I’m attempting to play this build (conversation from another one) and I am having major survivability issues. Lich is mastered.

• Reaper Form
    The up-time of reaper form is about 5 seconds max. Pop it, health runs down to zero VERY FAST then I am in cooldown running for my life to survive while Aura of Decay nukes my health. In your video, you have 100% up-time and stay at max health. I don’t understand how this is possible from the gear/mechanics. There is simply not enough health leech to offset Aura of Decay + mob damage.

• Death Seal
    This is an instant death skill for YOU. If you time it during the very short window of Reaper form, you can survive it. When it wears off… good night.

• Aura of Decay.
    Once you use this, you can’t stop it. You also can’t survive it outside of reaper form with 5 poison stacks. I have poison resists maxed out, still hits for >150 per tick. You go down FAST. The only way I can maintain a full “seal” bar in reaper form, and keep reaper form up longer is to not run this at all. Then I can get about 10 - 15 seconds of reaper form.

Also, you have ZERO stacks of poison up with the Aura up… I have 5, and get NUKED… ???

I have 1650 health (max) and bounce between 150 and 250 when I log in due to the drains. I have to use potions to keep from dying while in town sometimes…

My skills/passives are exactly the same as what you have up, I’m level 73, and I have all the health leech skills maxed out first.

Very confused about the mechanics, you have zero issues, and from my chair… you can hardly survive in town, forget mobs…

What am I missing???

Update: I didn’t have Aura of Decay --> Decrepify yet. I would recommend running straight to this before using the skill. Just take it off your bar until you get to this point. Now, I don’t die constantly, and I have MUCH more up-time on Reaper form.

1 Like

I found this build even easier to play when I equipped an Exsanguinous. It’s not a mandatory object, but it brings good quality of life.

Lol, yes instated in the video convert it to armor shred and dont use it until then :slight_smile: glad you were able to solve it on your own though!! :slight_smile:

Ya… I totally goofed that one…

I missed the part in the video where you said not to use it until you have Decrepify, but I made it work. Mainly by stacking poison resist out the wazoo and maxing out Absence of Life ASAP. Running that way i can keep Reaper form for basically as long as I have enemies to fight, although the moment I run out I tend to fall out quite quickly, and AOD’s damage versus heals balances well.

It’s probably not a viable long-term, since maxing poison at this stage means I don’t really have any other resists, but still, it works! Decrepify is definitely the next thing I’m getting, then maybe I can branch out my resists a bit more XD

Very awesome build. I just unlocked Monolith 100 with it.
Question… I use Exsanguinous, witch makes it easier to play. Would it be even easier if I found the boots (loosing health, replacing with ward)?

The boots will stack with the chest, yes.

OK, thanks. I’ll try to find them, or I’ll steal them from my Necro ^^

I am curious how your making that work, be careful while death seal is active you have 0 ward and cant generate but exsamg will continue to reduce health

I’m quite stable. She has 1000 max hit points, lowered down to around 350 when I activate Death Seal. Then, I have to run in circles and teleport (Reap or Transplant) while Death Seal is active.
I unlocked Monolith level 100 yesterday, I did all others before, with realitively few issues. In fact, I’m not sure how complicated it is to manually manage hit points and I found it easier like this.
Here is a link to the lady, if you want to see how she’s set:

Once death seal is off does the ward stack rather quickly? Are you running leech? If your not running leech how do you stay alive with death seal with only 350 health 0 ward and sang with boots reducimg your life? If you are running leech doesmt that make exsang and boots obsoletes due to health being full? Im curious which way your running it

If Shtrak has 350 hp when Death Seal casts, he’ll be missing (at least) 710 hp & therefore when Death Seal finishes he’ll be getting (at least) 248 ward/sec from the boots & chest. Though according to the build planner he’s not using the boots so he’ll only get 142 ward/sec.

I don’t wear the boots yet. And yes, I have some leech. I even have a leech blessing, I took it by error, before realizing leech may not be the best with a low life build. I don’t do anything specific, I even thought I was doing quite like you in your video.

Yes but with leech thats obsolete since his life will instantly fill up from death wave damage once death seal ends. Thats why im curious how effective it really is

Which he could negate by taking the Hollow Lich node for 1 point. But yes.