Dealing with FPS drop.. please help

Iv gone through all settings over and over like mad man in order to figure out the cause of hard fps drops without succseeding. My question is, is there a new known bug causing this FPS drop?

Some info: played 600 hours through 2021 without any problems in the pasta Gtx 1070, i5-8400, 8gb ram. However i did innstall Windows 11 few weeks ago which has been nothing but awful.

Hey there…

Please can you provide the player.log, le_graphicsmanager.ini and the output of a dxdiag report… This provides details on the game settings, its debug and a snapshot of your system setup/hardware. Useful files - Last Epoch Support Hub

General note:

LE is in beta and unoptimised so it will have performance problems. Obviously quality/resolution & framerate settings will ALL impact the game performance. Large FPS spikes are usually due to specific situations in game - like high density of mobs/minions and skill effects proc’ing a lot - there is nothing that can be done about these right now other than being conservative with settings to compensate… Spikes are also caused when the GPU is working hard and the game tries to ask more of it - this usually shows up if you have a fps limit that doesnt allow for the GPU to have some headroom to spike up in busy game moments… e.g. if you have a framerate limit of 100fps, and the GPU is near max usage most of the time, then you will get a bigger relative spike vs having an fps limit of 60fps with a GPU averaging around 60-70% when doing nothing… sometimes the spike can be as high as 60%-80% of your average framerate vs another spike of only 20%. The 60% one is horrible to play with but the 20% one can sometimes hardly be noticed…

Windows 11… Unfortunately this is going to be an underlying cause of performance issues - especially on older hardware but also because performance of a new OS (especially gaming performance) needs time to mature… Expecting your old hardware to perform like it used to on Win8/10 vs Win11 is, imho, not something you should do… For example, your 8gb ram is going to struggle as Win11 minimum is 4g, Win10 was 1gb… Generally speaking, Win11 needs more from a system - which leaves less for the applications/games you are trying to run…

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.