Curious to see what ideas everyone has for launch for their characters

Now that we have a little more information, the passive tree for Warlock mainly, I’m curious to know if anyone plans on this being their starter for launch? And if not, what is your idea for a launch character?

I’ll start.

Since we have no idea what Falconer will look like, I’ll disregard it for now (But I will be playing Falconer off the bat, pretty much no matter what). So let’s move onto what my 2nd character will probably be a fire dot Paladin, finding all of the ways to indirectly cast Smite for ignites. Battle Standard casting Smite, Warpath casting Smite, Holy Aura for tank and damage, Judgement for extra boss DPS, not sure what movement skill yet. Plan is to focus more tank than damage so I can breeze through content without dying, even if it takes me a little while to kill things, I’m not bothered by that.

Definitely sword and board, high endurance, capping res is easy with Holy Aura.

What about y’all?

1 Like

TBF, the OP is more talking about builds than CoF/MG.

Probably 2h melee Rogue 'cause #### you @KissingAiur, @heavy, @McFluffin. Or Warlock.

1 Like

I’ll probably try warlock or falconer cause they’re the new shiny toys.

I’m absolutely going to play Falconer. Even if all it does it throw rocks.

1 Like

I have two empty slots. One for Warlock. One for Falconer.

Been saving them for 2/21.

If the bugs get fixed I’m leaning towards Marksmen Rogue for Cycle 1

Launch character? Time for a 4th necromancer summoner.

I plan on going Full Bleed Lawnmower with the new Warlock specilization for acolyte.

Plan on going Ghostflame and make it cast Marrow shards while channelling, movement while channeling, and going full physical conversion. I might tinker with some of the other new physical conversion stuff with the new skills.

Ultimately I want to Zoom Zoom through the map just mowing down enemies like grass. Whatever other skills I can use for mana/life sustain while channeling will be great.

This is an intriguing concept, and one that I’ll probably steal for my own funzoomzoom. Sounds like a ton of fun

I do love me my summoners, almost too much. Here’s hoping Falconer is a fun twist on a minion class, if that bird is to be believed as being a real entity

Yea I’ve pointedly ignored bows for a while now, which sucks bc they are usually a go to archetype for me. Here’s hopin’ man.

I’m offline so I would definitely level up a Warlock and Falconer since I have solid characters with all the other classes. Warlock tree seems to mostly be scaling up the curse damage though I’m more interested in chaos bolts and chthonic fissure. Probably test bolts on my lich and focus on fissure for my warlock.

Hail of Arrows is fairly strong thanks to the multipliers in its tree. Just use basic bow with the most flat dmg/reign of winter if it drops.

1 Like

I will probably go Shaman.

Shaman is thematically my favorite class, and its getting some touch ups. So ill play shaman just for the fun.

1 Like

I got the game earlier this month and have created a single Hardcore character to test every base class feeling. For the 1.0 release, I’ll be opting into the Softcore Cycle but I’m split between going:

• Forge Master with a DoT/Minion focus, automatic Ignite.
  • Shaman or Druid focused on Retaliation, Thorn damage.
  • Melee Rogue focused on Sword&Shield, potentially DoT as well.
1 Like

I don’t know how the builds will shift with 1.0, but right now Primalists aren’t good for retaliation. I have 2 retaliation builds:
-A runemaster, though it’s not quite fully retaliation, more half/half.
-A Forge Guard that uses minion retaliation. This works pretty well, though it’s very slow. But extremely tanky and there are only a few things that can kill it and only if you don’t play attention. Though almost all the game except for 3-4 bosses can be just face tanked.

I just wish there were a way to apply Shadow Daggers with (melee) Flurry.

Been waiting for Warlock to redeem an Unique item design FOREVER, so I’ll probably roll Warlock and figure out just how to close to a zDPS-kinda build I can make, with some degree of “Curse Ticking Time Bomb” playstyle I can get away with, and see if I can design around that :black_heart:

2 Likes

Devs please

Oh? What’s the item?